Sister needing prayer

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by TeachtheWorld, Mar 8, 2004.

1. TeachtheWorld

TeachtheWorld Companion

Mar 8, 2004

My sister and her husband have been trying to conceive for over 2 years now. They had an amazing opportunity come up for them. They have been asked to take in a 15 year old girl. At first, they were unsure if they should committ, but upon meeting her and lots of prayer, they are 100% sure that this is what God wants. They have decided that it was all a part of his plan for them not to have their own right now b/c they said that had they had gotten pregnant, they wouldn't have considered taking on the girl. They are to go to court tomorrow and talk to the judge. Both of them are incredibly nervous. PLease keep them in your prayers.
    THanks.

3. miss karen

miss karen Comrade

Mar 9, 2004

I think that they are quite brave and really need the love and support of family and friends right now. I will keep them in my prayers and hope that all turns out for the best and for the right reasons. Keep us posted as to what happens.

4. TeachtheWorld

TeachtheWorld Companion

Mar 10, 2004

They went to court yesterday and now have temp. custody of the girl. Mom is to appear in court sometime soon and they are going to try to get legal guardianship. Mom has some severe mental problems and is in and out of jail. The girl's attorney said that it would be no problem to consider her unfit and give my sister and bro-in-law custody. They took her home with them yesterday and they went shopping for bedroom stuff. Their spare room wasn't too "teenage" so they let her pick out something. She has very little so next week during Spring Break we are all going shopping!! Can't wait to meet her. THanks for the prayers.

5. miss karen

miss karen Comrade

Mar 10, 2004

That's great news! Have fun shopping and I hope that everything works out for them.