Sinus Headache?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by AMK, May 7, 2009.

1. AMK

AMK Aficionado

May 7, 2009

Last night I got the worst headache. I had pain on the right side of my face and the right side of my forehead and still had it this morning. I am feeling a bit better but my throat is itchy - not sore. Can this all be from allergies? I took a Zyrtec hoping it helps

3. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 7, 2009

It probably could be. I've been battling all this pollen. I take zyrtec DAILY!!! Have for years. I had to call my ENT to get some meds because I had a headache that wasn't going away and a sore throat and cough. He ended up giving me an antibiotic, prednisone and some cough meds.

I hope you get to feeling better!

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

May 7, 2009

Probably allergies. Maybe make an appointment with an allergist.

5. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

May 7, 2009

It very well could be - I've had terrible sinus headaches the last couple of weeks. The only thing that works for me is cayenne pepper. I put a little ground pepper on a q-tip and stick it up my nose. It sounds CRAZY and burns like heck - but the capsaicin (sp?) in the peppers, opens up the blood vessels in your sinus cavity and almost instantly relieves the pressure. It's like a miracle cure! lol (you can also buy something called "Sinus Buster" that's basically pepper spray for your nose - but cayenne pepper is cheaper and I always have it on hand!)

6. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

May 7, 2009

I think I would rather deal with the sinus pressure than put cayenne pepper up my nose.:cool:

I take allegra and it works pretty well. Also, you can get nasal sprays that can help.

7. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

May 7, 2009

I get sinus headaches quite often as well as sinus infections (they are not at all fun). The best thing I have found to treat this is Dayquil Sinus (or Nyquil Sinus if you'd prefer). Zyrtec only treats my allergies, not my sinuses, so I don't use it for a sinus headache. Hope this helps!

8. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 7, 2009

My sinuses have been terrible because of all the rain we have had... i had a sinus headache today

9. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

May 7, 2009

It definitely could, AMK.

My allergies have been so severe this year that I have a constant sore throat and such bad congestion that it actually interferes with my hearing. I have sinus headaches that come and go.

Something about the pollen this year must be really overwhelming our systems!

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 7, 2009

I'm sorry you're not feeling well & I hope it improves quickly. I get a mild headache every once in a blue moon.

11. AMK

AMK Aficionado

May 7, 2009

My face no longer hurts. The Zyrtec helped. I feel fine other than the headache I had and itchy throat. No sneezing, stuffy nose or cough.

12. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 7, 2009

I never get stuffy. but my head hurts right in my sinuses, around my eyes, nose, cheeks, sometimes down into my teeth.

13. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

May 7, 2009

I get that too---it's actually how I know I have a sinus infection! I can't feel too much other pressure, but my teeth hurt so bad it makes me cry!