Silly question...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by leighbball, May 14, 2009.

1. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

May 14, 2009

I posted the other day how I figured out when my bridal shower is (its Sunday!). Its supposed to be a surprise, so now I need to figure out what to wear. Very few people know that I know (my sister, fmil, my dad, and df). So I need to act surprised...

So my silly question is...do I wear what I normally would wear (jeans, a nice shirt, and nice shoes) or do I get dressier? I'm supposed to be going to a brunch for my stepmom for Mother's Day. Ugh...I hate knowing!! lol

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 14, 2009

Wear what you would normally wear.

4. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

May 14, 2009

Wow - that is tough - but I agree with stg. I think you should wear what would be appropriate for where the brunch is being held (does that make sense?) otherwise it might look suspicious. Maybe you can still be surprised by the number of people attending, or friends you haven't seen in awhile, or maybe the decorations will be fabulous . . . . :)

Hope you have a great time :) Just think of the effort that went into the idea of a surprise shower and show that look when you walk in. Some people must really love you to go to that much effort . . . .

5. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 15, 2009

Maybe it isn't a surprise for you. Wouldn't that be great? Your shower could be another time, so don't stay in your jammies all day for a few days.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 15, 2009

I would wear something nice but not overly fancy. Definitely not jeans. There will be pictures taken and you don't want to be wearing jeans in your pictures while everyone else is dressed up.

7. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

May 15, 2009

I would wear what I would normally wear and like INteacher said you may be surprised by who is there. I knew about my baby shower, but was surprised when my two best friends from my childhood were there and my then hubby was there. He said that he was going to work.

8. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

May 15, 2009

Well if it was going to be any other day, I'd wear what you normally wear. But since you're supposed to be going to a brunch, I'd punch it up a little. I mean, at least it's not at your house and you come downstairs in a nice dress and there everyone is, that would be obvious you knew. But since you're going out to a brunch, that's a little excuse to pump it up a notch. :) Have fun!!