Silly portfolio question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MissH225, May 25, 2009.

1. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

May 25, 2009

So I have my interview at that charter school Monday and I am the process of fixing up my portfolio ( I still think it's not going to be the best b/c I have no pics...something I really regret)...

Anyway...

Should I offer my portfolio or only give it to them if they ask? How does it usually work?

3. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

May 25, 2009

:2cents:When they ask if you have any questions for them (at the end of the interview), work into the conversation something that is reflected in your portfolio. Begin opening it and showing while you talk.

:2cents:

4. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

May 25, 2009

I have had a portfolio for several years but really just started utilizing it in my interviews. The last two interviews that I have been on I have brought it out within the first few questions. I also have a power point that I printed out and a brochure. I leave a copy of the brochure and a CD with the power point on it for them. really it just depends on how your interview is going, it just so happens that I could use my portfolio early on in the interviews.

5. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

May 25, 2009

I agree with the previous posters, bring your portfolio out as you're asked a question that you can talk about with regards to something in the portfolio. Good luck!

6. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 25, 2009

I usually use it to support my answers to their questions. Good luck!