sign language songs

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by ArizonaTeacher, Mar 5, 2007.

1. ArizonaTeacher

ArizonaTeacher Rookie

Mar 5, 2007

I have been teaching my kids some signs throughout the year and I would like to do a song in sign language with them for their preschool graduation. If anyone has any suggestions as to which song to do or where to find the signs for songs, I would greatly appreciate. Thanks for your help!

3. srh

srh Devotee

Mar 5, 2007

You Raise Me Up, the Josh Groban (aaaahhhhh) version.

Our Kinder classes did this song last year in our year-end HUGE program. We also did Proud To Be An American. Both were easy and were great hits with the audience.

4. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Mar 6, 2007

love in any language, straight from the heart....

5. tm91784

tm91784 Comrade

Mar 6, 2007

I have a video called "Sing and Sign" that I borrowed from the library. Some easy ones to learn are Bingo and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

6. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Mar 6, 2007

Last year we did Louis Armstrong's Wonderful World, singing and doing the signs with our preschooler at our spring concert. They learned it very easily, and really enjoyed doing it. When we performed it, there was not a dry eye in the place. The parents were so impressed. We are doing it again this year.

7. ArizonaTeacher

ArizonaTeacher Rookie

Mar 6, 2007

I love the idea. Where did you find the signs to this song? Or did you just look all of them up?

8. kem

kem Companion

Mar 7, 2007

9. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Mar 7, 2007

I'm looking for a song to teach the youth center on base and this sounded perfect for a summer camp before the 4th of July. I sign for a living so I don't have problems with that, but because I'm hard of hearing I don't expose myself to a lot of music. I looked at these lyrics and weren't too sure how much of the song you did since he talked about working, his wife, etc in the beginning. Explain how much of the song you did. ANy other patriotic songs out there?

10. srh

srh Devotee

Mar 7, 2007

cutNglue: We actually played the music (with Greenwood singing) along with the kids, so we used the whole song. We are in a rural area, known to be quite "country," so it was a treat for the audience. There really was only a line or two right at the beginning that talked about his wife and kids.... Our Kinders didn't sign the entire song, but mostly did the chorus. That was okay too, since it is such an enjoyable song anyway. You could FEEL the "pride" when they sang and signed the chorus. We also had a student raise a flag from the back row of the risers toward the end of the song. A bit of a tear-jerker!! :-D

11. TeachWildThings

TeachWildThings Comrade

Mar 9, 2007

"Brown Bear, Brown Bear" colors & animals, kids love it & it is simple.

12. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Mar 9, 2007

With Wonderful World, we just looked up the signs. And we only did the important ones...we did mostly the nouns and verbs I guess.