sight words

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by misst1976, Jul 10, 2008.

1. misst1976

misst1976 Companion

Jul 10, 2008

How do you display your sight words? Do you cut them out by outlining them and placing them on a colored paper?

3. CBean

CBean Rookie

Jul 10, 2008

I use Rainbow Words

I use rainbow words, mostly to motivate students to learn the sight words, but I also use thematic word walls with that go up and come down as needed. (Example, in the winter, we may have words like snowflake, Santa, presents, etc.) I like to use pictures next to words if they are concrete.
    [​IMG]

4. NewGirl23

NewGirl23 Rookie

Jul 10, 2008

I have a "word wall" where we stick our words throughout the year. I type them up (LARGE FONT) and print out the words, back it with a variety of colors of construction paper, cut around the construction paper, then laminate.

5. NewGirl23

NewGirl23 Rookie

Jul 10, 2008

awww...I like the rainbow..I have never seen it before...do any of your kids have a problem seeing the words?

6. LvToyFoxTerrier

LvToyFoxTerrier Rookie

Jul 10, 2008

I make a caterpillar out of colored paper that is made up of 6 inch circles. The first circle is his face then each circle after that has a sight word on it. The caterpillar keeps growing longer as we add new sight words to him.

7. CBean

CBean Rookie

Jul 10, 2008

You're right that the rainbow is not that big, but I think they can see it pretty well because it's not that high up. I also have a pocket chart with words in it. I like to use the rainbow mostly for them to see if they can read the words. The package comes with an awards certificate and I give it to them when they can read all of the words in one of the color bands. The parents are really supportive with it too. You can see more pictures on the website www.rainbowwords.com As far as I know, that's the only place you can buy it, but it says they are at I TEACK K! in Las Vegas next week.