Sigh.

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jem, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 11, 2009

I got a brand new laptop last week. I love it. It's perfect. It was a lower-end model, but that's all I wanted or needed.

And then the delete button fell off. Three times I had Best Buy put it back on before I said enough. They gave me a new computer today. I still love it, and my delete button is working perfect.

I just ran out to fax our counter-offer in for the house-an errand I did NOT want to do. I just want to be HOME. I've been out all day, running around. But fine. Did that. Got home. My computer screen is dim. I tried to brighten it only to find out it's running on battery power.

MY BUNNY CHOMPED THROUGH MY BRAND NEW CORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel sick. I want to throw him against the wall. I can't believe this. I'm going to have to go BACK to Best Buy tonight and spend EIGHTY DOLLARS on a new cord. I'm so sad. He was being so good last night while he was out of the cage. I don't know why he suddenly decided to chomp today.

And now I'm that much poorer, and I have to go out AGAIN.

3. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2009

:hugs: Deep breaths. Very deep.

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 11, 2009

I just caught my puppy chewing on my power cord, so I may have the same problem in a day or two :huh:

5. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 11, 2009

I think I'm going to have to cover up his cage tonight. I can't even look at him. He's such a stinker-he KNOWS what he did was bad. I think he was mad because I didn't clean his cage. He has his back to me right now, and I feel much the same way.

It's not good to be in a fight with your bunny when he's the only company you have (dh has been in Chicago for three days...)

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 11, 2009

I know how you feel. The other night I left dinner on the table and went to go find my cell phone. 5 minutes later dinner is gone but dog is very happy and VERY FULL. He was grounded!!!!

7. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jul 11, 2009

My bird was kind enough to create a wireless mouse/keyboard set for me. I don't know where or how she found the time for her surprise gift as she is always supervised on my desk. She must have been plotting for weeks!

8. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2009

My new kitty doesn't chew, as far as I know, but I do often wonder why our home theater system isn't as Booming as it used to be? I don't even want to look at the wires!

Lately he has been flying through the air with the grace of an elephant landing on ceramic and glass items...today..the victims were a candle holder and a vase.

He is SOOOOOOOOOO lucky he's adorable to look at. Too bad I can't put him in a cage with a cover on! Hmph!

9. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 11, 2009

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with a sneaky, coniving pet.

As I walked out of the house to go to Best Buy, I saw a HUGE rainbow in the sky. One of the brightest I've ever seen. It calmed me down and made me remember that everything works out. When I got to Best Buy, I was blessed with a male at the Geek Squad counter, who just handed me the cord from the computer I returned earlier and told me not to worry about it.

God is good. And my bunny is cute once again. He was just licking his cage bars, probably because he knows how much I love seeing him lick with his long tongue. Now he's flopping and sighing and staring at me, but he is NOT getting out of his cage. For a looooooooooong time.

10. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Jul 11, 2009

Buster, my pup, did the same thing when he was a baby.

11. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 11, 2009

:hugs: Jem!

12. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Jul 12, 2009

:hugs:

13. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jul 12, 2009

OMG! My son's new puppy chewed the computer cords and they lost internet, he called the provider and was ready to cancel, because he did not realize it was the puppy, LOL...he called me all upset and was ready to change providers, then the tech comes out and finds the "problem", the chewed up line....Pit Bull puppy was in DEEP trouble.
    Son is now preparing puppy for the back yard! :lol:

14. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

So sorry Jem.

I only have a pet DH, he's pretty maintenance free.

15. GD2BQN

GD2BQN Comrade

Jul 12, 2009

My husband and I

were trying to find the zipper to our dog's 2 week old pillow so we can wash it. All the while our dog was observing. Next day, she found the zipper, unzipped it, took out the inner lining and stuffing. When I came down the stairs she was surrounded by the stuffing laying there like "I found it like this". All you could see were the whites of her eyes. :lol: I'm not kidding. She didn't move for hours. She is now sleeping on the carpeting because this is the 2nd pillow + 1 rug that she's gone through in less than 4 months. No more comfort for you, doggie!!

16. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2009

My Husky did that to me once too. My husband (bless the Lord he's an electrictian!!) did a patch job on the cord. It's much shorter but we didn't have to buy a new cord at least! I'm glad that it all worked out for you though. Don't be too hard on the bunny, I know you love him.

17. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 12, 2009

Oh dear! I guess that's the way the ball bounces sometimes. I know, it's a bummer.

I hope you have a nice Sunday today.

18. Mr D

Mr D Comrade

Jul 12, 2009

That's frustrating. My cat likes to chew computer wires. She has chewed through several internet cords, keyboard cords, and mouse cords. I bought a wireless keyboard/mouse which solved that problem, until one day she chewed through the wire connecting the hub to the computer. I finally started spraying the computer cords with a bitter spray that is supposed to repel cats and dogs away. It seems to be working--she's been leaving them alone! :lol:

19. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

My pup chewed through my camera cord. I was a bit peeved at first, but you can't stay mad at that face for long.

20. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2009

When our dog was young, his favorite thing to chew was the backs of my husbands shoes...only his work shoes that cost +$100 each.

21. Loves the beach

Loves the beach Companion

Jul 12, 2009

My cat better be glad she's adorable too. She has started waking us up during the night. She gets under the bed, stands on her hind legs, reaches up and scratches our pillows! Who can sleep with that? We tried shutting the bedroom door, but she thumps on the door and meows to be let back in. She also scratches at the carpet. Not good, because it is a new house. We tried kicking her out at night. She loves being outside until 6:00 a.m. Then she scratches up the seal of our french door to be let in. If she's destroying our house and keeping us from sleep, why is she so cute to us? I think I'm going to go wake her up right now and give her a taste of her own medicine.

22. Loves the beach

Loves the beach Companion

Jul 12, 2009

Oh! That's just what I need! Do you mind telling us what it's called and where we can purchase it?

23. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

24. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 12, 2009

Our bunny did the same thing...chewed through my son's computer cord...earlier, I told him to move it higher so that bunny wouldn't do that; oh well. :(It got mended.:)

Please, Jem; don't cover your bunny's cage. He needs to stretch his legs; I remind my son to take his bunny out several times a day (he does!)...how would he like to be kept in his closet like that?
    Puuullllllleeeeeaaaaasssseeee.:(

25. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2009

Can you litter train bunnies? I remember Jem's post about moving from her last apartment and finding bunny turds under furniture...Chewed cords aside, don't think I'd let a pet have run of my digs if they were going to leave little gifts everywhere...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

26. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2009

Apple Bitter is the stuff my mom has for her puppy. I bought a bottle of something called bitter barrier at Walmart and right now my puppy is licking it off of things. My mom said her puppy did that at first, too, but now hates it. I am hoping my puppy gets sick of it soon. I sprayed it all over my tables and cords- so much that I have the bitter taste in MY mouth. Yuck!

27. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

Our puppies have been getting up super early lately. During the school year I was waking them at 5:30 when I got up, but for the past two weeks they have been getting me up between 4:30 and 5:00!!

28. Mr D

Mr D Comrade

Jul 12, 2009

It's called Bitter Barrier. I think I bought it at Walmart.

29. Mr D

Mr D Comrade

Jul 12, 2009

It doesn't seem to work as well for my dog either, but he doesn't chew things that he shouldn't very much anymore, so it worked out okay.

And I've occasionally gotten the taste in my mouth too! :lol:

30. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2009

I am working on potty training my bird, as she is about the age you can start that. But, in the meantime, and having two free flight birds at my parents, you just get good at constantly cleaning up. It helps that they tend to have preferred locations.

My bird was in trouble earlier because she has been very nippy. She is angry I have been busy past 3 days, so when I had her out she would respond by being nippy, so I would put her back home, and she would get angrier...vicious cycle. Yesterday she lunged up and bit me on the lip so I tossed her home, slammed her door and covered the cage. I could hear her playing with her noisy ball and bells, then she started up her little "I love yous" and "good bird" routine. She knows I am a sucker for that. :wub: I never leave her covered for more than 10-15 minutes. Parrots will hold a grudge for anything you do to THEM for as long as it takes, but they won't remember why YOU are mad at them.

31. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

Sandra-no worries. I didn't cover his cage. I love him to much. He was just very, very grounded. But he did get a lot of raisins.

Czacza-my bunny is very potty trained. He hops right back to his cage when he needs to go. Every once in a while he'll leave a few pellets around, but they are hard-like tiny little black bbs. They are a cinch to pick up and toss in the trash, or to grab with the dust buster. When you own a bunny, it's just par for the course. It's pretty awesome to be working on something and look down to see a tiny cute fur ball running love circles around your feet, or to be sitting on the couch and get a head butt from your bunny because he wants to snuggle.

32. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 12, 2009

Oh, and we don't call them 'turds'. Very offensive. They are 'poo pellets'. ;)

33. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2009

Oreo does the same! She loves runny around my feet too! And yes, those little poos are like bbs. They're a cinch to pick up.

34. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 13, 2009

Oh, thanks for the clarification...a poop by any other name would smell as....:lol:

35. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Jul 13, 2009

Pets are like 2 year olds - can't trust them alone in a room for a minute! My cat once ate through my brand new Walkman headphone wires, chopped it into tiny pieces!

Dog has done so many naughty things I couldn't list them all. Good thing they are so cute is right1