(Sigh) Tired of Job Hunting......

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by soozabelle, Jun 13, 2006.

1. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Jul 18, 2006

I worked for KinderCare and Greentree Learning Centers out here in NJ. Neither one paid well, I can't see Goddard being very different.
    That being said, my stepson went to Goddard for 3 years and I loved taking him there. They were attentive and he learned a lot! I think they really put a lot of importance on the training of their staff - or did, 10 years ago! LOL:D

2. JustWondering

JustWondering Companion

Jul 18, 2006

I think it depends on your subject area. For certain grade levels and subject areas there is. For example people that can teach math and sciences tend to accept positions elsewhere making more money making it difficult to fill those positions since they compete against higher paying jobs.

3. trulyblssd

trulyblssd Companion

Jul 18, 2006

Just reading through this forum has really made me realize how blessed I am. I am not saying that everyone else isn't, but I guess getting a job (as simple as it may seem to others) has given me a renewal of faith. I just feel really fortunate and really fortunate to have found this site for help. Thanks guys!

4. soozabelle

soozabelle Rookie

Aug 9, 2006

Wow- I never realized that this got so long! (Makes me feel special :love: ) I never got to reply because we didn't have internet before/after the move-- got it back now! :D

I believe I'm the one retaking the Praxis II. I took one form of the Praxis II when I first graduated in 2004. Well sometime between 2004 and 2006 this test became obsolete, so now I have to take the 2 new tests that are required for an Early Childhood License. Does that clear it up?

5. heatherleigh

heatherleigh Companion

Aug 9, 2006

the praxis tests are such a money maker for the states... i took the two praxisII tests OH requires during my sr year in college and then when i accepted my first teaching position in VA last year they made me take another praxisII test. now if i don't get a position this year back in OH so that i am eligable to take my praxisIII (VA doesn't do praxisIII) my prov lisence will expire and i'll have to take praxisII again! haha... i am almost trying to find all of this nonsense comical... i guess laughing is better than the tears.

6. puzzlesolver

puzzlesolver Rookie

Aug 9, 2006

I Agree...

I agree, what is up with that! Expectations for applicants are so high and then once you have completed everything they request including investing money on the Praxis, clearances, and certifications...they leave you in the dust.

7. mcronan

mcronan Rookie

Aug 11, 2006

FLORIDA!! The job market is wide open. I'm still getting calls from districts wanting to hire me and school started this week! We have the 6 day count coming up so I'm sure there will be even more jobs.
    Meg

8. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2006

This really burns me up... how rude

9. puzzlesolver

puzzlesolver Rookie

Aug 14, 2006

Junk Mail

Ok I have developed a new pet peeve....junk mail! It never really bothered me before until now when I am knee deep in applications to fill out, cover letters to write and then searching the net for any possible position! I designated an email address specific for my job search so that other emails wouldn't clog up the inbox well so much for my smart idea. Now everytime I go to check my email, I see 1 new message and I get excited because finally someone has responded to my resume but 9 times out of 10 its junk mail specifically relating to you know what! No matter how many times I mark them as junk I still keep getting them and then if I turn up the filter on my inbox it has diverted important emails right into my junk box....ugh how frustrating! Anyone else have this problem?:confused:

10. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Aug 14, 2006

It is frustrating - I ended up dedicating an email to only the emails to and from schools. I don't use it for any job search sites because they put you on every list imaginable.