Sick. Getting sicker by the minute.

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by kellzy, Sep 20, 2013.

1. kellzy

kellzy Comrade

Sep 20, 2013

This morning I woke up with a little sore throat, just thought it was a minor cold coming on.
    Now I can only keep my eyes open for a ten minutes at a time, and every time I wake up there's something else wrong: a sore throat that feels like I'm trying to swallow knives whether I swallow, breathe, cough, talk; chills, nausea, headache from h3ll, breathing is a task because of congestion, coughing and sneezing, an occasional horrible twinge of pain coming from my lungs.
    I'm a little paranoid because last year I got influenza, pneumonia, bronchitis, sinus infection, and a cold back to back. I felt like was on death's doorstep for two months.

I'm mainly posting this because I want people to feel bad for me. Is it working? Also, as a side note, what say you? Worth a trip to the doc?

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 20, 2013

Yep, it's time to go to the doctor.

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 20, 2013

Take some Nyquil tonight and see how you feel in the morning. If you still feel crummy then get to the doctor or emergency clinic or whatever is easier. It doesn't sound too good but then again it could be nothing. I felt crummy all week but not bad enough to go to the doctor. I'm hoping to feel 100% tomorrow since it's Saturday :)

5. bison

bison Habitué

Sep 21, 2013

I would definitely go to the doctor.

6. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Sep 21, 2013

Yes, I feel bad for you, yes I think you need to visit your dr. How are you feeling now?

7. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2013

Imagine me pouring gallons of sympathy and well wishes on you and hopes that you feel better very soon :)

Now go to the doctor!

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 21, 2013

Yep, it's working.

Call the doctor this morning, or find a walk in clinic. But get on meds today so you'll be feeling better by Monday.

9. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Sep 21, 2013

I feel terrible for you :hugs:

Now can you feel terrible for me? After getting spit full force in the face FIVE times by one of my students on Mon I came down with a nasty cold on Wed.

10. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Sep 21, 2013

I had a sore throat, congestion and a bad cough last week. Ended up going to a Walgreen's walk-in clinic on Sunday and they told me both ears were infected-all the congestion was from that. I wouldn't have guessed that because there was no pain there or anything, but I don't think I would have gotten better without that antibiotic.

So long story short, yes, I would see a doctor. The worst they can say is that they can't give you a prescription because it's viral or something.

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 21, 2013

Oh dear, feel better soon! Rest & don't try to force any work.

12. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 21, 2013

Hope you feel better soon! And yes I would make a trip to the docs!

13. ecteach

ecteach Groupie

Sep 21, 2013

GO. NOW!!!

14. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2013

Go!!!! I used to think I could conquer all viruses without a doctor's visit ... Until a few years ago when I just kept getting sicker and sicker. I got so sick that, by the time I desperately pulled over and went to a walk-in clinic I spotted on my way home from work, I had to take major meds to get well.

Don't wait. Go see a doctor. There are really serious viruses out there that are impossible to kick without meds.

15. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Sep 22, 2013

Worried for you, Kellzy, hope you went to the dr, it's been 2 days since you posted!