Sick already- anyone else?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by trayums, Sep 8, 2008.

1. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Sep 14, 2008

I'm not getting any better, but I'm not getting any worse either. It's been an action packed weekend...I'm kinda hoping the cold bugs decide I don't have time for them and fly off somewhere else.

2. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Sep 15, 2008

2 weekends ago, my throat was really hurting and drinking Coke during the weekend actually "healed" my throat! :)

Well; this weekend, I have been sneezing and sniffling away. This morning, while blowing my nose, ugh...I can't even think of staying home; my teacher aide is in the hospital!!
    And tomorrow is picture day for us too! oh well.
    Could be worse!

3. Green_eyed_gal

Green_eyed_gal Comrade

Sep 15, 2008

I'm staying home today... I don't want to, but I've been running a fever since yesterday and I feel miserable. I'm a first year teacher and I'm completely drained. I haven't felt this bad is a long time!! We have a field trip on Thursday and I don't want to miss that.

I still have to go in this morning to take my kids to school and make copies for the sub. This is my first time using a sub and I'm amazed how much work it is. No wonder teachers don't like to take time off!!

4. coffeeteacher

coffeeteacher Rookie

Sep 15, 2008

I had three kids out last week with strep. One came back Friday and told me had hadn't been to the doctor. I catch EVERYthing. Sure enough, by the end of the day I was popping cough drops one after another. I tried to rest all weekend (so I didn't grade any papers), and I made it in today. I am so medicated I feel like my head is in a fog. The kids keep asking if they did something wrong because I'm not talking as much.

5. Vievers

Vievers Rookie

Sep 15, 2008

I'm officially sick after 5 weeks of school. I felt it coming on this past Friday with a little throat tickle. As of last night that tickle has transitioned into PAIN. My goal today is to feel better by tomorrow... and if I fail then I need to feel better by Thursday when I go back to teaching (I'm half-time). Bleh, time to go find some tea, a blanket, and a good movie to nap to.