Show Us Your Classroom Photos!

Discussion in 'Classroom Photos' started by WindyCityGal606, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 1, 2007

WOW I LOVE your built in storage and I LOVE your window and outside door!!!

2. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 1, 2007

Your room is ginormous, Miss Bradley. You could create nooks by using two short bookshelves perpendicular, or jutting out from cupboards or bookshelves.

3. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 1, 2007

When Jasztal is done, there may be a classroom video because I will want to give you all a walk-through to understand the place entirely. :)

4. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 1, 2007

It looks A LOT like my first classroom, except I did not have a sink or storage. I had the exact same kind of door that opened up to a little courtyard as well. It was tucked away from the other classrooms and was a good place to relax. Now it's the teacher meeting room (lol).

I would first say to utilize your storage.

Upsadaisy- I hear that word "ginormous" out of my students' mouths all the time. I wonder where the word was invented... I know it was sort of recent.

5. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 1, 2007

6. arm605

arm605 Rookie

Aug 1, 2007

Baseball Theme

I am very proud of my classroom from last year....I had a baseball theme, and it was my first year and I put a lot of time into it....I probably will do the theme again this year, just not in as much detail :)
    I am not sure if this will work, but here goes...
    You may need to copy the link, I am not sure if it will post as a link
    http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z23/arm605/
    I think you need to scroll down the page to see the pictures!!!

7. SmartCookie

SmartCookie Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

8. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 1, 2007

arm and Smart...those rooms are SO CUTE! So organized!!!

I'd like to see pictures of rooms that are long and narrow. I have a new room and it's a long rectangle! I want to make the most of the space.

9. 773 Miles Away

773 Miles Away Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

Great classroom! Very impressive for your first year! Question. How did you like the seating arrangement? Did the side-by-side work for you? I'm trying to figure out what I'd like to do and I really like set ups similar to yours so that everyone is facing the board. Did it hinder groupwork? (if you did group work) If you did group work did they move desks? If so, how did that transition go? Were they any more or less chatty (if you can imagine) than with a different set up?

10. Miss Bradley

Miss Bradley Companion

Aug 1, 2007

Thank you! I also love the built in storage!! But I am not sure I like my desk where it is located (it would be in the way when the kids switch classes b/c of that door next to it).

Do you see another area in my room to put one??? :confused:

Thanks again!

11. Miss Bradley

Miss Bradley Companion

Aug 1, 2007

Thanks for the great idea! I will start looking for small bookcases asap! Do you have any ideas to where to put these nooks? My room has no corners really available...maybe I can somehow create a corner. Thanks!:)

12. Miss Bradley

Miss Bradley Companion

Aug 1, 2007

Yes I think I'm going to love the door to the courtyard! It lets in some light since I have no windows! My room is very big and so empty!! I'm going to finally be able to start moving in next Wednesday so I'm SOO excited!! :D

13. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 1, 2007

I finally got to see my classroom today. I tried to post some pictures, but they weren't showing up. I've posted them before in other forums, so I'm not sure what's going on. Once I figure it out, I'll post them!

14. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 1, 2007

Miss Bradley, what about putting your desk by the window, or on the right side of the white board by your storage cabinet?

15. arm605

arm605 Rookie

Aug 1, 2007

773 Miles Away...

I only had this seating arrangement for the first few weeks of school. I didn't really like it all that much...hard to move around to each of them, not very good for group work....chalked it up as a rookie mistake:) I mainly had it like that so it would be easier for me to learn names right away. What I liked best was having a small U shape on the inside and then a larger U around the small U. Get the picture?!?! They were able to work in pairs/groups and also see the board (no backs were to the board). Hope this helps!

16. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 1, 2007

Here's my classroom-I just got to see it today. I couldn't pick-so there's a lot of pictures. I'm going to go in either tomorrow or Friday and start arranging things. Any suggestions on what to do?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 1, 2007

Oh, and the back of the room actually has bulletin boards. They look like white boards, but they're not.

18. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 2, 2007

Far how many students will you have?

19. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 2, 2007

I have no clue-it's a military town so I have to wait for enrollment. At first they said I might have to move to another school if enrollment is low, but I don't think they would let me set up my classroom if they think I wont have a job there! Most classes in the district have around 30 kids, so that's what I'm expecting.

20. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 2, 2007

FarFromHome,
    Wow! I wish my school had nice racks and hooks for backbacks and jackets. We have hooks, but nothing like those.

21. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 2, 2007

They're all out in the hallway-which I guess is good cause the kids wont be messing with them. But I don't really like it because if they need something they have to go in the hall, and the possibility of someone taking something.

22. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 2, 2007

This is one of the things I was really happy about:

[​IMG]

I've been looking everywhere for one to buy-and then there's already one in my classroom! They're pretty expensive too.

23. Miss Bradley

Miss Bradley Companion

Aug 2, 2007

Thank you Miss Kirby! I was also thinking by the storage cabinet. Should I put it beside the storage cabinet or in front of it (without blocking it)? ;)

24. Miss Bradley

Miss Bradley Companion

Aug 2, 2007

I love your classroom Farfromhome! Very big and I love the windows!!! You could do A LOT with this space!!

25. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 2, 2007

Hmmm I'm not sure. Maybe just move it around and find out what works best. I think that would be a good corner though.

Went to my room today and it looks a mess still. But I guess one of the construction guys is getting there at 5:30 tomorrow to move in furniture in my new room. I should buy him cookies or something! I'm so excited to start working in there!

26. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 2, 2007

Miss Kirby, if you get two short bookcases, the could face each other and put a rug in the middle. Or you could just put none perpendicular to a little used wall of the room (even one with shelves).

Awesome space and light, farfromhome!

27. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 2, 2007

You have a beautiful classroom, Farfromhome! I love those big student desks. We have the really small ones that rarely anything fits in.

As for my progress, my classroom library is done, but I may reveal all at once. :) THIS LIBRARY, in my opinion, IS MY VERY BEST EVER!!! :woot: I can't wait- I can't wait- I can't wait!!!!! Oh, did I mention... I can't wait!!!!!!???

28. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 2, 2007

I can't wait to see your room either, Ms. Jasztal!

29. snickers

snickers Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

question for peachyness

I was in Kinder and now I'm in 5th. I'm stuck on room decorations. I would love to see pictures of your 5th grade room.

30. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 3, 2007

I would LOVE to share them but we not allowed in our rooms yet. But I will gladly share them as soon as I can. Sorry. :( But, I have found some 5th grade websites that have classroom pictures. Let me look for them in my bookmarks and I'll post them for you.

31. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 3, 2007

32. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 3, 2007

This afternoon I am going to get into my room and take some photos of my room in progress. I've been working hard this summer to oragize and get rid of junk. I'm proud of myself for dumping a few large trash bags full!

33. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 3, 2007

34. snickers

snickers Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

Thanks

Thanks so much for the photos. That helps alot. I went to the teacher supply this morning and bought a set of "motivational words" (awesome, great...). I thought that I'd make a board of those words to encourage the students to be kind to one another.

35. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 3, 2007

Ok. Here are pictures of what I have done so far.

My Room

36. snickers

snickers Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

In 5th grade, do you just put a calendar up with the dates? I'm just curious since I was used to doing a huge calendar for Kindergarten?

37. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 3, 2007

38. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2007

What a nice room! I especially love the wood furniture!
    Does your room open out into a playground area? Your BB boards are great too! I wish I had a new room!!!

39. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 3, 2007

For those of you following the progress of my room... I went to school today expecting furniture and boxes in it ready for me to arrange to find... NOTHING. I was very dissapointed. I laminated some stuff and talked to the main construction guy. He said they'll move it on Monday, after the inspection. (I swear they have had an inspection every day) I asked if I could move boxes in from my car, and he said that was fine as long as it's in the middle of the room, 2 ft from the walls. So I moved in boxes from my car and then started on some things from my old room. It was a disaster. Oy! I am hoping I can start my room Monday. This is going to be CRAZY!

MONDAY
    [​IMG]

TODAY
    [​IMG]

40. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 3, 2007

I am antsy and anxious to actually get stuff done, but I have to also admit that they did get some stuff done. All the crud is off the floor. I have ceiling tiles and most of my lights. I just need my sink, cabinets, clock, backpack hooks, tv, etc etc.. They are building the office and another classroom. So they have a lot on their plate. Every one is doing the best they can do. I'm just very anxious to get started, as school starts in one week!:eek: :wow: