Show Us Your Classroom Photos!

Discussion in 'Classroom Photos' started by WindyCityGal606, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Gopher4

Gopher4 Comrade

Jul 29, 2007

Thanks. Finally, the link worked! I did get to work in my room last week a little. I'll post updated pics in a few weeks.

2. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2007

I volunteered to move due to miscomunication. Our enrolment declined and I knew that one of the new teachers would have to go. I figured that since I was last to be hired, I would be the one to go. No one told me that I was okay. The other teacher was a temp. It was she who was supposed to go, but no one told me. So, one day I went to the principal and told him that I was interested in the 3rd grade position that was opening up. Instead of getting third, I was moved to 5th! Of all grades! He said that since I mentioned I was interested in moving up, that he would give me 5th since I student taught fifth. I still have no clue what I"m doing. That student teaching assignment was a long time ago. Oh, and the temp got rehired and got to stay in the kinder position.

But, I like to think that certain things happen for a reason. So, maybe I'm supposed to be in 5th.

We'll see. :D

3. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 29, 2007

I feel the same way! I never thought I'd teach first grade, until I got more experience. But somehow I ended up here and it's been quite a ride! I've learned a lot and feel like I was meant to be here. The last year and a half were like teaching bootcamp!

4. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2007

Thank you! I didn't post the picture of the other side of my room but the whole wall is filled with students writing. The only poster up in the room was by my morning meeting area. My favorite part of the room was their student names that they made. I had my aide stencil their names onto large manila tag paper. Then, one center was just to rip paper. Next day, they glued the ripped colored papers inside their name. Then, I outlined their name, cut the letters out and glued onto blue or green construction paper. THen, I hole punched the bottom of their name and tied a yarn with a wooded clothes pin. Whew!! It took a lot of work. Every month, I would hang up a art project. It looked really cute. You can kind of see one the names in the picture above.

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 29, 2007

Wow!! What an amazing room. It seems so clean, and happy, and fresh, and open. No clutter and I love those round tables! Wow. :wub:

6. Lotte

Lotte Companion

Jul 29, 2007

:wub: :woot: :wow: :2up:

Outstanding room! I wish I was in her class!!!

7. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Jul 29, 2007

Double WOW! It looks like a classroom out of Pottery Barn...lol

She seems to have a lot of good info on her website too. Something more to read at 1:00 a.m.!

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 29, 2007

I love it. It looks like a baby's nursery. Very sweet and serene.

9. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 30, 2007

School starts two weeks from today. Here is my room, as of today, July 30, 2007.

[​IMG]

GAH!

10. helpmeteach

helpmeteach Rookie

Jul 30, 2007

Oh no, what is going on? And will it be ready by the time the 2 weeks is up?

11. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 30, 2007

It's a brand new classroom!! When I came in last Monday they only had four walls, so at least now it has carpet and a white board!

I HOPE IT WILL BE READY! I'M REALLY SCARED!

It will be fun to compare a before/after picture. haha.

12. lnewbigging

lnewbigging Companion

Jul 30, 2007

What a sweet little room! So cute and inviting!

13. lnewbigging

lnewbigging Companion

Jul 30, 2007

This looks familiar, we built a new school this year, and we were supposed to move in, in the middle of the year, and the whole school looked like your picture! We ended up having to wait until the end of may, instead of the en of march, so everything was ready, but we were very nervous that things weren't going to be done! I pray that your class and school will not have this problem!

14. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 30, 2007

Oh wow!!:eek:hmy: That must be stressful for you. That's what my room must look like too. I won't be able to see it in two weeks. When do they think it will be ready?

15. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 30, 2007

I hear different things every day. So I have no idea. Sink area may not be ready until after school starts. They are going to come back during the year and put in more doors. Sounds like a yearlong project. Then once I finally get settled they'll probably send me to a new room. This is my third classroom at this school and this is going to by my second and a half year teaching!

16. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 30, 2007

So ..... i guess you oare good at moving now, right? Everything will be fresh and clean. Is the floor carpet or parquet?

17. cinaminsweet

cinaminsweet Companion

Jul 30, 2007

I loved looking at your pics from last year and I got a lot of good ideas. I can't wait to see what you come up with for your new room, I'm sure it'll look great! :)

18. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 30, 2007

It's carpet. What is parquet?

19. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 30, 2007

Squares of wood that are pieced together in a pattern.

20. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 30, 2007

21. 2ndGTeach

2ndGTeach Rookie

Jul 30, 2007

Gopher, what is the feelings chart used for that is on your white board?

22. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 31, 2007

Mmm-hmm. :hugs: :wub: You know I'm just kidding with you.

Her room truly is amazing. I wonder where her storage is and how she remains so organized.

23. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 31, 2007

The tree-looking stand is really neat. I like the warmth you have in your room. :up:

24. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 31, 2007

Her room seems so small and there is little storage, and no teacher desk. I wonder if she has a storage room, or an office somewhere else in the school? I want to email her and ask her secrets. haha

25. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 31, 2007

I LOVE YOUR CLASSROOM. It's very colorful and organized. It just looks really nice...

And your HOUSE!! It's really, really beautiful. And more than anything, I really would love to have some of that OREO cake!!! :wub:

26. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 31, 2007

I know. I have all kinds of colors in my room and it's nice, but I got this incredible feeling when I saw her "color scheme". My middle room is really organized, but nothing... nothing looks like her room. :) LOL.

:wub: I have decided to be a clutter-less woman, yet it may not work too, too well. Maybe I'll just go to the dump!! :woot:

27. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 31, 2007

I look at pictures of my room midyear last year and YUCK! Too much clutter! How did I get all this clutter in less than two years teaching?

I do like her color scheme too. I also have lots of colors in my room.... but I'm thinking maybe with my walls this year I'll stick to like two different colors of bb paper. Hmmmm..

28. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

29. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2007

I have been trying soooo hard to unclutter my room. Organizing my desk was the first step. Hoping once I get the rest of my room put away/organized- I can start on my file cabinets.

30. TeachKids2Read

TeachKids2Read Rookie

Jul 31, 2007

I absolutely love your tables and chairs!!! I would love to have tables and chairs like that! I was supposed to get new chairs last year...and they got ordered a couple days before open house :( They rushed them...and when the arrived, they were so large that when I sat in them my feet dangled...needless to say 4th graders got new chairs!!! I had another set of desks in my classroom...but they were much much too large so I switched to these antiques that I'm using now! :rolleyes:

31. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 31, 2007

I still have forgotten to take the camera to take a picture of my mess!
    Yesterday I went to work and a teacher desk and chair had appeared in my room. I didn't want the desk and the chair is GROSS. It looks dirty.

32. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Jul 31, 2007

Where did you find the Noise Level poster? I really liked it.

33. preschoolgal

preschoolgal Rookie

Jul 31, 2007

How do you get that 3-D effect going though?? I really want to make a tree like that, but I am not sure if I am that talented!:help:

34. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 31, 2007

Where do you see the noise level poster?? Oh, nevermind, I found the picture that you were referring to!!

Well, I found one on the web a long time ago. Since then, I haven't been able to find the site. BUT, yesturday, I stumbled upon a document. I actually SAVED it!! I have it on my computer. I could email it to you if you want.

35. Teacher807

Teacher807 Rookie

Jul 31, 2007

I also saw hers in the picture and went looking for it the other day. I found the exact same one at ReallyGoodStuff.com. Hope that helps!

36. Ellensmom

Ellensmom Companion

Aug 1, 2007

What an inspiration!!! Now I REALLY want to get moving.:wow: :2up:
    Thank you!

37. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 1, 2007

38. Gopher4

Gopher4 Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

Thanks Ellensmom! I love setting up my room at the beginning of the year. I can't focus on academics until my room is done.

39. andybugg2000

andybugg2000 Rookie

Aug 1, 2007

:)

Zoe,

I too, try to do too much in one day! And my classroom is ancient and "smells like wet dog". :( This forum gets me so excited and it is quite comforting to know other teachers get excited like I do! My husband does not understand my enthusiasm and passion when it comes to my classroom. :) Can't wait to see the pictures! :)

40. Miss Bradley

Miss Bradley Companion

Aug 1, 2007

Finally got to see my new classroom!

Ok guys I've been enjoying looking at everyone's pictures of their classrooms! I FINALLY got to go in and look at my new classroom (first year teacher so I'm VERY excited!!) today and I took some pictures. I will be the 4th grade Reading teacher! If you have any ideas for anything please let me know..because I'm trying to find a place in my room for a reading corner and all of the "corners" are taken! :eek:hmy: Any suggestions would be helpful! :2up:

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w112/embradley/New Classroom/