Show Us Your Classroom Photos!

Discussion in 'Classroom Photos' started by WindyCityGal606, Jul 16, 2007.

1. ShellBeWoo1970

ShellBeWoo1970 Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

Nice!!!

Everyone has such great classrooms...I can't wait to have one of my own. :)

2. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2007

You are my greatest inspiration here for classroom decor!! I like the tennis balls on the bottoms of each chair. Is it to cut down on the noise of moving chairs or to protect the tiles? Or both? What needs to be done to get a ball on each leg and where can you get a good deal on purchasing some? Thank you for your help!!

I am using the Writing Timeline BB idea, the Conference Pockets BB, and the construction paper with clips for student work BB!!
    I think we sometimes get so wrapped up in making pretty BBs that we forget they are supposed to be for displaying student work. My principal doesn't want all the cutsie stuff...she wants the kids' work up on the bbs!

3. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 26, 2007

How does the writing timeline work?

4. ShellBeWoo1970

ShellBeWoo1970 Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

Absolutely fabulous Calalilys! I can only hope I'll be as organized as you! Actually I am up to the challenge, now if only someone locally would hire me, lol!! :D

5. helpmeteach

helpmeteach Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

Hello To All

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new 5th grade teacher, and I'm going to be setting up my room soon. I'm going to post some pictures and just give me some ideas of what you guys think. I'm going to turn the one chalkboard that has a bulletin board into a full bulletin board, I need help with what materials I need. Also I'm going to put the multi-colored storage cubes like Calily, I believe underneath there for storage.

What do you guys think.

Any advice is helpful.

PS. Excuse the mess, yesterday was the first day I was in there, and I didn't do anything I just sat around and thought about what to do.

Oh and how do I post pictures?

6. Calalilys

Calalilys Comrade

Jul 26, 2007

The pockets just have slips of paper with numbers on them so that I know who I'm meeting with next. I usually spend about 5 minutes with each student, but it can vary depending on what we discuss. Sometimes the meeting could be 2 minutes or 10.

I'm glad you found some useful ideas in my classroom! I actually don't use the tennis balls on the chairs, so you must be thinking about someone else. I would assume that their purpose is to cut down on the noise of chairs scraping the floor.

After using the sheving for about four years now, I haven't had any problems with it.

On the first day of school, each student is given the piece (clipart of pencil/crayon/glue bottle/ruler) they are going to move through the writing process. They color it, cut it out and write their name on it. After I've laminated it, it's good to go. I teach the students the writing process and the steps involved in it. For example, when they draft they must skip lines so that they have room to revise/edit their paper. When they revise, they have to use a red pen and for editing they use a blue pen. This just helps me see that they are actually doing these steps of the writing process and not actually skipping them and saying they did. Anyhow, as they complete each writing assignment, they move through the steps by moving their piece each time they finish prewriting/drafting/revising/editing/publishing. This allows me to glance at the board and get an idea of where the class is as a whole and it has worked very well for me for the past few years I've used it.

You'll need to upload your pictures to a site like photobucket or bubbleshare. Then you do this --->
    [​IMG]

7. WindyCityGal606

Jul 26, 2007

Quote"I'm glad you found some useful ideas in my classroom! I actually don't use the tennis balls on the chairs, so you must be thinking about someone else. I would assume that their purpose is to cut down on the noise of chairs scraping the floor."

Hmmmm....akward!! Sorry about that!
    I'm so glad someone asked you to explain how to use the writing timeline...now I have a use for those crayon bb pieces I bought at Target!!
    Also, I'm thinking about using the same arrangement for the conference schedule but instead of strips of paper with numbers, I'll label each pocket with the student's names and move a little apple cut out to where I leave off so I know where to pick up. I'll put 2 things I want to talk with the students about in their pocket and I'll let them know that I expect them to put 2 things in their pocket that they wish to go over with me. I'll just do 3 kids per day and give them each 10 minutes. (I only have 22 students.)
    I really love that you have shared with us!!

8. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 26, 2007

I wonder what you use to keep them on the board. Do you use tacks? I'm thinking about doing something similar on a magnetic board. But I'm in first grade, so I'm not sure if this would work. I think I did order the writing process timeline with my school money though.

9. Calalilys

Calalilys Comrade

Jul 26, 2007

Zoe: It sounds like you've found a great way to use the conferences to suit your needs! I wish I only had a class of 22. I'm not sure how many students I have at the moment, but I'd imagine it's close 32.

My students use tacks to place their pieces on the board. I had given thought to putting my writing process board on my white board and would have just attached square pieces of magnet tape (you can buy rolls of magnetic tape at Michael's) to the back of their pieces so they could move them that way.

10. TeachKids2Read

TeachKids2Read Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

NEW TO A-Z...

WOW...MOST of you have HUGE classrooms!!! How awesome...I am from an EXTREMELY small district in Texas and we have TINY rooms compared to yours!!! Anyhow, here's a link to my webpage where you can tour my classroom!!! :hugs:

deleon.region14.net/webs/lsides/tour_our_classroom.htm

~Leah

11. WindyCityGal606

Jul 26, 2007

The link didn't show as a link....I think you have to have more posts to include a link.

12. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jul 26, 2007

I'm not sure if you added "www." or not, but if you just copy and past the link, it works! :)

13. MrsNickle

MrsNickle Companion

Jul 26, 2007

How did you make that AWESOME tree? I've seen similar ones in classrooms and I've always wanted one! :wub:

14. Miss Bradley

Miss Bradley Companion

Jul 26, 2007

I see you got your genre posters off of Beth Newingham's website (love her site!). How were you able to print off those posters correctly? I downloaded them into adobe and when I print them, it cuts off the sides and bottoms (like they are outside of the printable area). I have tried everything to get these to work but I can't. Do you have a clue? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

15. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 26, 2007

You have a very cozy room!

16. Miss Bradley

Miss Bradley Companion

Jul 26, 2007

I'm not actually able to see your pictures. I get to your site but I don't see any pictures... ?

17. TeachKids2Read

TeachKids2Read Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

Yes, I'm sorry about that...the ONLY way I could get my link to post at all was to NOT add the h t t p : / /. I just became a member so I could look at everyone else's classrooms...and wanted to share mine too! Y'all are FULL of GREAT ideas!!! :)

18. TeachKids2Read

TeachKids2Read Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

MrsNickle
    New Member Join Date: Jul 2007
    Grade: Not sure yet!

How did you make that AWESOME tree? I've seen similar ones in classrooms and I've always wanted one!

Thanks for the compliments on my tree...Trees are EXTREMELY SIMPLE to make really...they are just very time consuming and require LOTS of hot glue!!! Brown butcher paper and I used greenery to adorn my branches. I attached the greenery to my branches with very fine floral wire.

19. TeachKids2Read

TeachKids2Read Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

Hmmmmmmm...

I'm not sure what the problem is...:confused: :unsure:

20. TeachKids2Read

TeachKids2Read Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

EXTRA SIMPLE!!!

Thanks for the compliments on my tree...Trees are EXTREMELY SIMPLE to make really...they are just very time consuming and require LOTS of hot glue!!! Brown butcher paper and I used greenery to adorn my branches. I attached the greenery to my branches with very fine floral wire.

21. Gopher4

Gopher4 Comrade

Jul 26, 2007

I don't know. I just clicked on the PDF link below each picture and they printed fine. Sorry.

22. TeachKids2Read

TeachKids2Read Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

SOMETHING TO TRY...

Maybe try clicking on the "HOME" link at the top of the screen...then enter into the "Tour Our Classroom" tab and see if that helps. I don't have any control over the webpage other than adding to it...it leaves LITTLE / NO room for creativity!!! I'm sorry :(

23. WindyCityGal606

Jul 26, 2007

How come everyone can see your tree? I want to too!! Where is your link?:unsure:

24. TeachKids2Read

TeachKids2Read Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

Thanks...or at least I think you were talking to me...do you have any pics of your room???

25. Calalilys

Calalilys Comrade

Jul 26, 2007

26. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2007

Add me to the love the tree list!!!

I get into my classroom tomorrow, so hopefully I will have pics to most Monday or Tuesday.

27. TeachKids2Read

TeachKids2Read Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

28. TeachKids2Read

TeachKids2Read Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

This is really fun and inspiring!!! Thanks for sharing all of your great classroom ideas and pictures...my hubby is home so I need to get going! Have a great weekend!!!

29. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 26, 2007

Yes TeachKids. I was talking to you! I have pictures. There are so many classroom pictures threads. I have some posted on the pictures thread under First Grade. They are from the beginning of last year. I'll be sure to post mine in August.

30. Daisyd

Daisyd Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

Lovely!

What a happy classroom!! :) I just copied your address and pasted in my address bar. I know your students will feel welcomed and excited when they walk in your room.

31. WindyCityGal606

Jul 26, 2007

32. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 26, 2007

Just full of charm! I love that tree.

33. gmer22

gmer22 Rookie

Jul 26, 2007

That tree is awesome such a cozy room TeachKids2Read:)

34. Luv2Teach06

Luv2Teach06 Rookie

Jul 27, 2007

5th Grade Classroom Pics

Ahhh! I'm getting so frustrated! I've tried posting this 5 times and it keeps saying I can't and then erasing the post I typed. I am trying to add pics of my classroom but it says I can't since I'm new. So I'm adding the link without the http and www so just add that when you're copying and pasting the link. Hopefully this works...I'm a 2nd year teacher at a Catholic school in 5th grade and am eager to hear new ideas and thoughts on my room. I'd like to possibly rearrange some things...add some centers, too. This album includes the pics of what my room looked like when I got there last year and some bulletin boards I did are in there, too. Thanks in advance! I hope this works!

kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=roqav7c.py12r5s&x=1&y=-37vkqw

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  35. armygirl8894

armygirl8894 Rookie

Jul 27, 2007

Luv2teach06, try checking on the AtoZ forum of Guidelines & How too's. This will be able to answer your ? about posting pictures and other stuff about your personal profile. You might not have enough posts to do this, since you're a new member. :)

36. Luv2Teach06

Luv2Teach06 Rookie

Jul 27, 2007

Thanks! I tried the link myself and it worked, just gotta add the http and www before the address. Hopefully that'll work. I'm sure it's because I don't have enough posts that I can't post the full link.

37. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 27, 2007

Love your green wall. It's so relaxing!

38. Gopher4

Gopher4 Comrade

Jul 27, 2007

Luv2Teach06, Your room looks great. I love the green wall too. You made good use of your space.

39. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 27, 2007

Luv2Teach06
    I just copied the address. Your classroom is so big! You did a great job setting it up.

40. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 27, 2007

Yes, Luv2Teach06, you need at least 50 posts in education forums and/or 30 days of membership to post links.

Welcome to AtoZ!