Show Us Your Classroom Photos!

Discussion in 'Classroom Photos' started by WindyCityGal606, Jul 16, 2007.

1. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 21, 2007

Love your classroom Daisy. I'm not allowed to have any of those comfy things in mine. We can't even have an area rug.

Oh and your dog and cats are adorable!

2. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 21, 2007

About the 9 kids, Jaime ...... shhhhhhhhh.....

Actually, they are the renowned hell-raising group. All of them and their families were in my tiny room last night. One mom asked if I knew her son had dysgraphia and would be having an OT come into the room to help him. News to me ..... and I'm not thrilled.

My puppy and kitties thank you.

3. BwtchdGrl

BwtchdGrl Rookie

Aug 21, 2007

Arranging advice

Anyone have any ideas on where I should set up my smartboard? It arrived in June of last year, so now that my room is in shambles, I can decide where to put it. The problem is that I have no idea where it should go without losing a bulletin board. It's on a portable stand, and last year I had it set up in the back corner of my room (near my vocabulary village bulletin board) in a diagonal position. It's big and bulky, but I don't want to have it mounted to the wall in case the 2 other teachers in my grade level ever want to borrow it (without swapping rooms). I know I'm asking the right people here since all of you have done wonderful jobs with your own rooms and given excellent advice. Any ideas? (here's the link to my room pics again, but you still have to copy/paste it into your browser b/c I'm new.)
    kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=i1zs0tf.9679wf3&x=0&y=pdwt6g

4. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 21, 2007

bewitched,

Your room looks really good. Is the stand for the smart board on wheels? It looks like you have a storage room or closet. Could it go in there?

Also if you don't use it all the time, maybe you could put the vocab village on some pocket charts and hang them OVER the smart board most of the time.... the thing about smartboards though, I believe that with special pens they can be used as a white board. Couldn't you just put it where the white board is? Then YOU can use it without having to move it all the time.

5. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Aug 21, 2007

bwtchdgrl - LOVE your room! Wish I had all the bulletin board space! Do you teach in NY? I saw the "great state of NY" poster. If so, what part of NY?

6. BwtchdGrl

BwtchdGrl Rookie

Aug 21, 2007

Thanks littleschool! My smartboard is on wheels, which are the part that make it so awkward. They stick out in the front and back, and I'm afraid someone will eventually trip and fall. Anyway, I like your idea about putting the smartboard in the front of the room by the white board. I use the smartboard frequently, but need access to the normal whiteboard. I think I will place it diagonally near the front of the room, then play around with if I like it or not. I love the idea of putting my vocab chart on the back of the smartboard. Thanks for your help!! :)

7. BwtchdGrl

BwtchdGrl Rookie

Aug 21, 2007

Thank you! Yes, I teach in way, way, way upstate NY. These are pics from last year. I'm switching from 4th grade to 3rd grade this year, so I have to reconfigure some of my boards. Sometimes all those boards aren't necessarily a blessing! ;) Fortunately, I can still stay in the same classroom. Whew!!:whistle:

8. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Aug 21, 2007

Get lots of snow??? I'm in the Binghamton area and went to school at SUNY Oswego. We definitely get our fair share of snow!!

9. BwtchdGrl

BwtchdGrl Rookie

Aug 21, 2007

We get tons of snow!:down: I live in the Plattsburgh area and went to SUNY Plattsburgh. I've been to Oswego, and it's the same type of weather! I'm treasuring the warm weather while it lasts (which is never long enough)! :woot:

10. lteach2

lteach2 Cohort

Aug 22, 2007

11. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 22, 2007

How cute is that frog patrol!! Nice job.

12. lteach2

lteach2 Cohort

Aug 22, 2007

Haha-thanks. My fiance made that when he was little in Boy Scouts! It was just too cute to pass up!

13. sundrop

sundrop Cohort

Aug 22, 2007

14. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 22, 2007

I love all the newly posted rooms!! Upsadaisy, you are so lucky to have such a small class!! Iteach2, I really like the frog theme, it seems like you have been collecting things for a long time! I finally got back into my room this week and I have 2 more days to finish...hopefully I'll be able to post this weekend!

15. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 22, 2007

Wow Sundrop!! I would love to read in one of those comfy-looking purple chairs!!! I really like the remote-control idea, the kids must love that. And decorating mickey, well, who wouldn't like that?!

16. mhcooley

mhcooley Companion

Aug 22, 2007

17. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Aug 22, 2007

WOW!! What a cute room!! Can you tell us about your "Good Reader" board? It looks like a way to keep track of reading, I'm very interested. Also, where did you get your genres bulletin board pieces??? They are adorable and so appropriate for 2nd graders, I would love to get them!:wub:

18. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 23, 2007

Shoot photobucket is down for maintenance. I'll try and remember to check when I get back from work. Sigh WORK, it's still summer.

19. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 23, 2007

Ok I must admit :eek: I didn't read the post just clicked on the link. I about died when I saw all the books. Thinking it was a classroom. Than I realized it was a library.

Love the library you did a nice job setting it up. I like the remote control!

20. lteach2

lteach2 Cohort

Aug 23, 2007

I actually got most of the frog stuff last year or this year...maybe I went a little crazy.:cool:

21. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 23, 2007

mhcooley, i love your room!! The buddy reading board is so cute! I also love your behavior chart...the "heart of gold" apples...was that your idea or did you get that somewhere else? I have been looking for something similar...

22. mhcooley

mhcooley Companion

Aug 25, 2007

Someone on this forum had a video on procedures. This is similar to the behavior chart she had. I bought the two sided posters from the teacher supply store and hooked them together. The clothes pins are the mini ones. I got them from Wal-Mart.

23. mhcooley

mhcooley Companion

Aug 25, 2007

My school is very big in A.R. Every child is expected to make their goal. This is a visual for each child to track their own progress. When they have reached 25% of their goal they will move their bee down once. When they have reached 50% of their goal they will move down twice. When they reached 100% they have made their goal. It helps motivate students because everyone wants to be on the bottom.

I got the bulletin board set from our local teacher supply place. I think it is Mary Wingrit (sp???).

24. Youngteacher226

Aug 25, 2007

I went today to my teacher store & they didn't have them. Never seen this design actually. So do you know if I can purchase them online??? Thanks.

25. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 25, 2007

I love Susan Winget. Her stuff is a bit like Mary Engelbreit who I also love. You can purchase their stuff from most online teacher stores.

26. svteach

svteach Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

27. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 25, 2007

What a beautiful room! So organized, cheery, colorful. What cute cubbies, too. Where did you get them?

28. Youngteacher226

Aug 25, 2007

29. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 25, 2007

I love that set! You can get so many cute things to go along with her decorating scheme. Have fun.

30. MissaG

MissaG Companion

31. revlove

revlove Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

Absolutely wonderful! You've done a beautiful job.
    I've always said, "organization is the key to success"

Be blessed

32. revlove

revlove Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

33. mhcooley

mhcooley Companion

Aug 25, 2007

I am glad you found the set because I really messed up the name. I had just found the set and was fixing to paste the website for you when I saw you had already found it. I love all her work. I think the colors are amazing.

34. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 25, 2007

svteach, I really like your room!! Do you keep up with the 2 sticker charts or is that the students' responsibility?
    MissaG I like your room also. It looks so organized!!

35. svteach

svteach Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

teacherpc

Thanks for the comment....The kids do the homework charts and I do the behavior ones.

36. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 25, 2007

Missa G, I love your room. Looks like a great place to learn.

LOL, Revlove. I didn't mean for the pets to be included, but I'm not great with my photo skills.

37. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Aug 25, 2007

I'm flattered that you used my behavior chart idea frommy procedures video. Only one problem- now I like your chart better than mine!!!!!:woot:

38. revlove

revlove Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

Great job! Bright and sharp. They'll have a good time!

39. revlove

revlove Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

I just saw the pics of your room. That tree in the corner was, or shall I say is, awesome.
    Beautiful room. My favorite thing is the tree!

40. revlove

revlove Rookie

Aug 25, 2007

I must agree, that tree is absolutely wonderful. I love your room.