Show Us Your Classroom Photos!

Discussion in 'Classroom Photos' started by WindyCityGal606, Jul 16, 2007.

1. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 9, 2007

I spy the Target Crayon pieces and the Target Pocket Chart? I put up my pocket chats today hoping the big fold in the middle will fall out over the next few weeks!! Great idea for the crayon pieces! I was looking for a cool idea to decorate the front of my desk around my name!!
    I love your room!!! It is so modern and the colors are fabulous!!!

2. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 9, 2007

Very nice windows, Julie, and good organization as well! What is by your classroom- when you lift the blinds in the back, what do you see?

3. WindyCityGal606

Aug 9, 2007

I think she said it was the playground!! ARGHH!!! That would be hard but the view looks gorgeous!!!

4. BabyAngel

BabyAngel Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

As for keys to the building: 1 school I worked at - nope, no way to get in unless the janitors could let you in. School #2, gave us fobs and we could, as far as I know, get in or out whenever. New District: School # 1, gave us access cards and I "think" we could get in whenever. School #2, we had fobs, but there where time at night and over holidays where the doors were chained and the school was in lock down basically, so the fobs wouldn't work anyway.

5. srh

srh Devotee

Aug 10, 2007

We have Back-to-School Night next Wednesday and school begins on that Thursday. I can get into my (new) classroom, but I can't put anything away or up on the walls yet. The ceiling tiles are left to be done and the linoleum areas need to be waxed. I'm not good at doing things out of order!!! (Meaning, I probably should be working on my lesson plans, etc., but I am too distracted with getting my rooom in order!) So...tonight I offered to pay my teenage next-door neighbor to help me in the afternoons Monday and Tuesday. She is 6 feet tall too, and that should help get things done a little more quickly (I'm 5'1" and stepstools don't help for the really high stuff!) We have meetings Mon-Wed, so I'll only have afternoons to get it all done. STRESS CITY!!!

6. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Aug 10, 2007

Julie, I love your windows! Hey, who has to clean those?

7. beanie

beanie Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

8. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 10, 2007

Your room is a... BEAUTIFUL... place of creative expression.

My favorite items of all are the STAR PILLOWS. Though you're in Australia, where did you find those?? :) :woot: Wow!

9. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Aug 10, 2007

haha....i hope its not me! i didn't even think to ask that.:lol:

10. beanie

beanie Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

We have a retail shop called the Reject Shop here in Australia - lots of cheap 'teachery' stuff. I got them there.

11. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Aug 10, 2007

I added just a couple new pictures to my room if anyone is interested. I'm going in on Monday with my Mom so I'm sure my room will be just about done after that! She's a major wanna-be teacher! :lol: I'll take more pictures then!

http://community.webshots.com/user/mrsagould

12. monica

monica Comrade

Aug 10, 2007

Funny, I took my Mom in earlier this week. Free labor! (he he he) She's awesome and enjoys helping me, wouldn't trade her for the world!! She should get paid for all her school help the past 10 years!!

13. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 10, 2007

I've had to everything all by myself. Some days I wish I had someone to keep me company :(

14. Picabo

Picabo Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

Gotta love the free labor- I've brought my three children, ages 11,
    8, & 6, to my classroom all week and they've worked HARD! :up:

15. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Aug 10, 2007

I brought my mom and grandma in the first week that I saw my room. I couldn't decide where to put my library and how I was going to be able to store all my book baskets. Within minutes they figured out how to do it. Sometimes all you need is another person's perspective!! I have been doing everything on my own after that, but can't wait for the help on Monday!

16. WorldTraveler

WorldTraveler Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

Calalilys
    Where did you get your Writing Process Timeline?? I'll be a writing teacher and I love that BB!! Your room is great! I got so many ideas!

Thanks

17. StickyNotes

StickyNotes Companion

Aug 10, 2007

Everyone's rooms looks so great! I will take pictures of mine on Monday. I have taken the last couple of days off from going to school so I can relax a bit. Monday I will be back to it though.

18. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 10, 2007

Your room is very cute! It is so bright and colorful.... what did you put on your blinds to make them polka-dotted?

19. nbteacher

nbteacher Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

WOW - I am totally inspired by all of you! Such creative, colorful, beautiful classrooms! We are not yet allowed in our building. However school doesn't start for a few more weeks here. I will be setting up my room for sixth graders, I have taught 4th grade for the last 9 years...Thanks for sharing! I will try to post pics once I set up!

20. Eliza

Eliza Companion

Aug 10, 2007

TraceGal, I absolutely love your room!! So bright, colorful and organized. You did a great job putting it all together. :clap: I can't wait to see the rest. :2up:

21. BabyAngel

BabyAngel Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

Tracegal, where did you get your rugs? I especially like the plaid one! Were they expensive?

22. dumbdiety

dumbdiety Comrade

Aug 10, 2007

Here we are, I finally remember to take pics today! It wook me all week to get my room done and set up, but I'm ready (I think)!
    Click here to view the pics

23. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Aug 10, 2007

:whistle: Wow! Your rooms all look so cheery and nice and NEAT! I am so glad to see this thread...I have stolen a lot of awesome ideas! I went into mine today and it was 90 degrees the WHOLE time! I hope it cools off soon! Keep posting everyone!

24. MrsLilHen

MrsLilHen Comrade

Aug 10, 2007

I love your art center! Your room seems so big - was there a seperate section of it too? Great job! I can't wait to get back to my room and put my stuff away - right now everything is just sitting on desks, tables, the floor... etc...

25. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 10, 2007

Your room is so tidy, bright and airy. I love how you set up the art area... you have a lot of paper. What is in those containers next to the paper, between the tubs of markers?

26. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 10, 2007

Amazing rooms!!!!!!!!! I'd like to see pictures of a view from the door something, just so I can see the whole layout. I'm having some difficulties fitting all the areas I want in my room. I am almost done, I'll post pictures tomorrow night or Sunday hopefully...

27. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Aug 10, 2007

I love the letters on your door. Where did you get them?

Your room looks great!

28. dumbdiety

dumbdiety Comrade

Aug 10, 2007

MrsLilHen, it's all 1 room. It's actually NOT that big, I've just had a lot of practice fitting lots of kids in a little space!
    Littleschool, those are the other art supplies. Scissors, glue, etc. They are all in showboxes you can get for $1 each from Wal-Mart.

29. WindyCityGal606

Aug 10, 2007

Love your book posters!! Where did you get them?

30. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Aug 10, 2007

Gopher4...

I just looked at your class pics and they are awesome! I was wondering about the black paper background on your whiteboard. Is that actually whiteboard underneath? If so, how did you get the black paper to stick?

31. dumbdiety

dumbdiety Comrade

Aug 10, 2007

Zoe, I work part time at a bookstore, so whenever we get a good poster in I lay claim to it! :)

32. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Aug 10, 2007

Thanks,
    It's a bulletin board. I cover my 2 bulletin boards with black so that what I put on them shows up better.

33. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Aug 10, 2007

Thank you,
    My classes are 1 hour and 45 minutes. I teach Reading and Vocabulary.

34. WindyCityGal606

Aug 11, 2007

No fair!!!:(

35. WindyCityGal606

Aug 11, 2007

I never thought to use black as a base for a BB...hmmm.....
    Maybe I'll do one like that and see how it looks. I always tend to use light bases and then it doesn't look "right". I need to try dark.

36. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2007

My first year I've used black quite a bit. I'm planning on doing pretty much all of my BB next year with a black background. I love how the colors and words just "pop".

37. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 11, 2007

I did everything on my own in my classroom, too. Yet my mom helped cut out laminating at home. When she was a teacher's assistant in the 1990s, she was known as the LAMINATING QUEEN. Poor woman. I probably brought back horrific memories... :eek:

38. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 11, 2007

It's like my dark brown one that kind of resembles dirt. I normally start out darker... because now it has these green and orange lizards on it.

39. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 11, 2007

Your room is gorgeous! I love the reading area- very bright and comfortable. I've finally got a decent reading area together after all this time. Overall, your room looks very much ready, organized, and appealing! :wub:

40. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 11, 2007

I have a paper rack as well!! It was free from my scrapbooking friend who has a store. :)

As for posters, I got a great one of A Series of Unfortunate Events, but that's all. It was free at the bookstore not far from Little317's house.

How do long tables work for you? I wonder because I've considered that look before. (Putting several desks together- maybe 5 by 5 in a row...)

You're awesome!!