Shout Out Your <3 for Your A to Z Pals

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Amanda, Jun 25, 2009.

1. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2009

I second that emotion! I'm here daily and I get amazing support and ideas through reading everyone's posts. I add insight when I can but mostly, I come here for daily support because it helps to see that we all go through similar issues. :hugs:

2. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jun 28, 2009

I'll give a shout out for all of you "misfits." What I love most about this forum is I get to take my blinders off from dealing with my own school culture, etc. and see a bigger world. Everyone's shared and varied perspectives really do make this forum the place to learn from each other.

I second the civility of this board. No matter what anyone's job or place in the education world is, we love and support each other. That's wonderful!

As for someone saying they were embarrassed to say how much time they spend on this board...

It's my homepage! Seriously! Right now I don't have a lot of time to make sure I'm keeping up with everyone's stories, lives and questions but I still have to sneak a post here and there every single time I click on the internet button because it stares me in the face first thing.

3. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jun 28, 2009

Agreed, cutnglue. I don't really see how I 'fit in' either-all I know is that I love everyone here and love to read/write posts. I think the great thing about this site is there are no places to 'fit in'-everyone is their own person! Just jump right in!

My mom was reading comments on a news story last night, and they were so very catty. Dh said that's why he worries about my 'forum', and I told him those comments would NEVER fly here. They'd be shut down immediately, and that person would not be welcomed back. I love that this is such a safe place to be, and you don't really have to worry about attacks. Sometimes you read a cutting post or two, but someone will always counter it a few more posts along.

And I have to say, I love our secondary and pre-school teachers here. I've never been a part of that world, and it's so interesting to read your ideas and perspectives. Again, what cutnglue was saying-a step outside our own reality.

And regarding the time spent on here: dh actually downloaded some kind of web timer that keeps track of how much time you spend on each site, simply so I could see how much time I spend on here. I haven't looked at it once. Who cares? I love it and it makes me happy.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 28, 2009

I want to offer my sincere thanks to all of you who have supported me and kept me smiling throughout all the trials and tribulations of the past year.

From the heffalump jokes to the hugs, I've always known I could come here to unload my troubles.

Thank you, my friends.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 28, 2009

If you meant me Jem, thanks for the shout out! (Wasn't sure since you said Mrs. I) :)