Should I????

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by deeceekids, May 17, 2010.

1. deeceekids

deeceekids Companion

May 17, 2010

I applied to a school district and emailed the P at the school as well to let her know of my interest. The district has now posted a different position but in the same school as before. Should I email the P again? Do you think she might think I was getting annoying?

3. VANewbie

VANewbie Devotee

May 17, 2010

Same thing happened to me. I changed my cover letter to --interested in any early childhood position available. This way it covered all openings.

Don't know if this is what others would suggest but it worked for me.

4. teacherCA

teacherCA Rookie

May 17, 2010

You could try calling the secretary and set up a school tour. Say that you're an applicant for such & such position and are really interested in seeing the school.
    Bring by your 'packet' (cover letter tailored to the position/positions you are interested in, resume, letters of reference, credentials, etc.). This way, you can leave your packet for the principal (without seeming pushy) and show your interest at the same time. Emails can be deleted easily, and I am sure that P's are getting quite a lot at this time of year.

5. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

May 17, 2010

I'm going to say it again....apply again. I dont' even change my cl....I just change the part about what position I'm applying for. These P's get so many applicants that they dont' even bother reading the emails....they just choose a few emails, read those and set up some interviews (this is what P's have told me). Keep applying for every position they have posted that you are interested in. They'll eventually give you a chance. :)

6. deeceekids

deeceekids Companion

May 17, 2010

Thanks everyone! I will keep emailing. TeacherCA, I really like your idea of calling into the school to set up a tour. I will definitely give that a shot!