Should I submit my resume even though there is no job posting?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Mre0609, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Mre0609

Mre0609 Rookie

Aug 27, 2014

I know that most schools have completed their hiring, but I'm still checking daily to see if they are posting any new jobs. Should I go ahead and submit my resume, letter of interest, etc to HR, just so they can keep me in mind, or will this be a waste of time since there is not actual job I'm applying for?

Of course, when a job is posted, I would fill out the application and resubmit, but I didn't know if they have an interest pool that they keep.

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 27, 2014

In my experience, HR is less likely to hold onto a resume and remember you than an actual principal.
    Sending resumes out 'cold' can work. I'm not sure if it will hold the same benefit this late in the year though. Most of the time people send out cold resumes in the spring.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 27, 2014

A month ago I would have advised a mass mailing of your package to EVERY school within a reasonable commute regardless of whether openings were posted. At this point, I just don't think it's that effective. :sorry:

5. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Aug 27, 2014

That's what I did during my hunt. Snail-mail too. And I put the attention to the principal. Worked perfectly. Yea, less likely they are hiring now, but send out a mass-mailing every few months.