Should I send a thank you letter for an on the spot interview?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by bewlove, Jun 15, 2015.

1. bewlove

bewlove Companion

Jun 15, 2015

Hi, friends. I've been looking into a closer school for my 2nd year of teaching, and today I was out dropping off resumes.

At one school, I got an on the spot interview with the P, two other ladies (although I don't know what their positions were), and a lady who was working the front desk. It seemed to go really well, she kept my portfolio, and wants me to come back on Monday for an interview with the grade level team.

I'm pumped!

But, do you think I should send a thank you email for the on the spot interview? I know to send one for the other, and I don't want to be repetitive.

Also, she asked me if I had applied to other schools in the district. I said that I had only really applied for schools I was familiar with (I did some placements there). That was sort of a lie, but I didn't want to be like, "Yeah, I've applied everywhere in the county!"

Should I remove some of the applications from the website? Or do you think it's not that big of a deal?

3. Moogeeg

Moogeeg Companion

Jun 15, 2015

If you already have an interview date and time for the next interview, I would wait until after that interview. Your thank you notes really could be something that makes you stand out if another candidate doesn't do the same. Good luck!

4. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jun 15, 2015

Always send a thank you note.

5. bewlove

bewlove Companion

Jun 15, 2015

I went ahead and sent one. Thanks!