Should I email her again?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Darkhorse, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Companion

Jul 22, 2011

A school posted a position for 1st grade. I applied and then emailed the principal my resume and cover letter. She replied back that there were a lot of applicants and so on. I sent back a quick thank you. This all happened on Tuesday (7/19).

Well, now she posted a position for 2nd grade which is where my experience is. I would really like to get an interview for either of these jobs and this district has teachers starting back next week. Should I email her again or just hope she sees my application in the second grade spot as well?

I don't want to be a bother but I want to get my name in there. Any thoughts?

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 22, 2011

Don't assume the P will put you in the running for the 2nd gr position. She has no idea that you want that. Go ahead & let her know ASAP. We've got to fight for what we want!

Good luck.

4. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 22, 2011

A short email stating you'd also like to be considered for the 2nd grade position shouldn't be a bother at all.

5. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 22, 2011

I agree, an e-mail or mailed letter stating your interest in the 2nd grade position would be fine.

6. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 22, 2011

Give a quick reminder of who you are and then, say that you would love to be considered for the second grade position. Make your email brief. If it is too wordy, the P will not bother reading the entire note.

I would add your resume and cover letter to your email. Just say that you are attaching your resume and cover letter for her convenience.