Should I Call Principal?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by lc522, Jun 28, 2015.

1. lc522

lc522 New Member

Jun 28, 2015

So I went on an interview last Tuesday at an awesome school in the next town over from me. It went pretty well and when I asked about the timeline for hiring at the end of the interview I was told they wanted to have someone picked for the position by Friday when school ended and everyone interviewed should be notified by then if they had gotten the job or not. I sent a thank you email that night since the time frame to short for a note.

Then on Thursday I heard from all my references that they were contacted by email to set up appointments to talk to the Assistant Principal on Friday. All three talked to her on Friday and one of my references even reported back to me that the assistant principal said that they were very impressed with me.

Here's the problem I never heard anything either way on Friday! I know things happen and Principals get busy especially at the end of the year but I was thinking about calling the school tomorrow and asking where they stood with the position and if they had selected a candidate. Should I give it more time than that? I don't want to be too pushy!

3. LITeachTeach

LITeachTeach Rookie

Jun 28, 2015

In my experience, a follow-up call or email won't every sway someone's mind but it might make you know sooner.

I would wait until right before the July 4th holiday.

4. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Jun 28, 2015

I would wait. If it's anything like my last school, after references are called, the principal has to contact HR before the offer can officially be made. In my district, someone from HR would actually be the one to call and officially offer the job. I would imagine you'll hear something Monday. I would wait and let them be the ones to call you.

5. MissPapa

MissPapa Comrade

Jun 28, 2015

If they contacted your references, that is a good sign. I'd wait. Maybe Monday you'll hear something. If not, call on Friday as a follow-up just to show persistence.

6. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Jun 29, 2015

I would wait. One business day after they told you that you would find out does seem a little pushy. If you haven't heard anything by the end of next week, then I would send an e-mail.