Should I call or continue to wait?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by FallCreekGal82, Jun 12, 2005.

1. FallCreekGal82

FallCreekGal82 Companion

Jun 12, 2005

It's been a nerve racking year with my first year of teaching and now I'm one of the people the school district lets go after the first year. Which was no surprise to me because of my evaluator...I knew from day one. Anyway..onto what my question is. Of all the interviews I've been on so far...which has been 4 in the last month or so..this is the job I want the most. The interview was on the 3rd. They told me they hoped to have a decision by Wednesday, which would have been the 8th. Should I call them tomorrow and tell them I am really interested and excited about the possiblity of working in their school district and was wondering if they had made a decision yet? Or should I just keep waiting for them to call? :confused: I sent a thank you letter right away after the interview as well. Help please!

3. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Jun 13, 2005

I would call. You already had the interview and I don't think a phone call could make them not want you just by itself. And if they are not certain, the phone call could demonstrate just the initiative they might be looking for. I think the call can only help you. Besides, you gave it a reasonable amount of time from the tentative date they gave you. Good luck.

4. FallCreekGal82

FallCreekGal82 Companion

Jun 13, 2005

I called today and they have a board meeting tomorrow. Depending on what the board says they could have more positions open. Therefore, they would then decide what positions to offer to which candidate. Doesn't give me much information, but enough to know they haven't officially made a decision yet. So I'm waiting until Wednesday...hopefully. Although I did ask one of my references and they hadn't called them...but who knows...they could just be waiting until they get all their information. Most places around here wait til the last minute. Grr...it's just so frustrating...especially when it's a job I really want. :)

5. lowrie

lowrie Companion

Jun 15, 2005

keeping fingers crossed for you! best of luck!