Should I call him?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by PinkLily, Aug 18, 2009.

1. PinkLily

PinkLily Companion

Aug 18, 2009

I need some advice...

I met a guy on eHarmony a while back. We've been out two times and I really like him. He called me back after our second date, but I missed the call. I returned his call, but he didn't answer, so I left a message. I knew that he was going out of town for a week with some friends, so I figured that I'd hear from him when he got back. The next day, I get an email from him saying that he missed my call because he had fallen asleep, but he'd like to go out again when he gets back from his trip. I then sent him an email saying that I'd like to see him again too and told him to give me a call when he gets back. A few days later, I get an email saying that my email could not be delivered. These emails were being sent through our personal email accounts, not eHarmony. Since I wanted him to know that I'm still interested, I decided to send him an email through my eHarmony account. Now it's been over a week, I'm pretty sure he's back and I haven't heard from him. I'm unsure of whether he still has his eHarmony account, so I'm worried that he didn't get either of my emails and that he thinks that I'm not interested. Should I call him? I don't want to seem desperate, but I also don't want him to think that I'm not interested. What do you think I should do?

3. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2009

I'd call him. I mean why not. If he isn't interested, he just won't answer. If he is, you will go out and maybe live happily ever after.

I know there are all these rules, and I read He's Just Not That Into You, and I got a lot from it. But at the end of the day, I figure if he already thinks I am a pathetic loser, what difference does it make if I call one more time to double check? lol

4. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 18, 2009

Tough call. I'm curious to see what others think. I would say to wait since you have already let him know you're interested. That's just me though. I think men like to have to do a little chasing otherwise the prize is not that special to them.

5. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Aug 18, 2009

I would wait a little bit longer...

6. CanukTeacher

CanukTeacher Comrade

Aug 19, 2009

I'd phone him. He contacted you, didn't get your first email and may not have checked his second email (is there no way to check if an eharmony email has been read?). I'd assume he hasn't heard from you. I'd leave an upbeat, confidant message on his phone and leave it at that.

7. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Aug 19, 2009

I personally wouldn't call, because he's had plenty of time to get in touch with you can clearly he has chosen not to. Then again, I have very high expectations of men, so I might not be the best person to ask, because I would not even go out with a guy who made me chase him like that.

8. Mrs.Sheila

Mrs.Sheila Cohort

Aug 19, 2009

Just call and "check on him" seeing how his trip went. from teh conversation you should be able to tell if you should persue it any further.

9. CanukTeacher

CanukTeacher Comrade

Aug 19, 2009

The reason I say call is because he called you. He didn't get the email. If he isn't on eharmony (which I wouldn't assume he was since the last time you communicated via email it wasn't through eharmony) he thinks you haven't called him back.

So he may be thinking that YOU had plenty of time to contact him.

10. BLHutch25

BLHutch25 Rookie

Aug 19, 2009

I would call. I can't speak for all men, only myself. Often times during my single days I would go out with a girl and wanted to go out again, but I was too nervous to call. So I wouldn't. They probably thought I wasn't interested.

And if it turns out that he isn't interested, at least you will know.

11. PinkLily

PinkLily Companion

Aug 19, 2009

LOL!

You've convinced me to give him a call. I know if I don't, I'll end up regretting it and wondering 'What if...' I've got nothing to lose. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how things turn out.

12. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 19, 2009

lol. Good. I mean, the He's Just Not That Into You rule is - "If he likes you, he will find a way to get up with you. If he doesn't, he doesn't like you."

Same logic applies to my rule - "If he likes you, he won't care that you called. If he thinks you are a crazy stalker, one more phone call isn't going to change that." lol. Maybe I should write a book...

13. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 19, 2009

Soooooooo.... did you call yet?

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 19, 2009

Now I'm all for letting the man make the first move & pursue me, but in this particular situation, I'd call & I'd make sure he knew that I'm calling because the email didn't go through & I don't know how reliable the eHarmony email is.

So, did you call yet & what did he say?! :)

15. PinkLily

PinkLily Companion

Aug 19, 2009

Update

I just called him. I got his answering machine, so I just left a message. I guess we'll see if he calls back. If not, oh well. At least I gave it a shot.

16. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 19, 2009

Is this is cell phone or home phone. Nowadays most of us have caller id on both so we know who calls us. If you don't hear back tonight or tomorrow, especially with the weekend coming up, then you know. If he calls on Friday and wants to see you Friday night, would you go out with him?