Shortest Interview Ever?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Alisha, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Aug 15, 2011

Shortest Interview Ever? Update!!!

I just got home from what was the shortest interview I have ever been a part of! It was only 20 minutes, yikes! And this short interview was not because of me, I gave answers that were very descriptive. The 20 minutes included my questions at the end of the interview (I think I asked more than the principal) and some random chatting about education and our families.

It felt like it clicked really well, but 20 minutes? Really? Plus, there was no panel, just the principal. I'm starting to wonder if he already had someone in mind. Especially since he's making calls tonight already.

Update- He called me a 7:30 this morning and offered me the position. I, of course, accepted. It's only two days a week, but come on it's August 15, I'll gladly take it! :)

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 15, 2011

You either knocked his socks off or he had someone else in mind already.:dizzy:

4. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Aug 15, 2011

Either way, I did everything I could do, but I'm just blown away by how short that was. He is the brother of my former principal, so one can hope that he (former P) gave me a fabulous recommendation and I'm the person he already had in mind :p. I can dream, yes?

5. chicagoturtle

chicagoturtle Fanatic

Aug 15, 2011

Was this maybe just a first interview?

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 15, 2011

The fabulous contact may mean wonderful things. A solid recommendation from your brother the principal can go a long way!!!!

I bet they call tomorrow and offer it to you!

7. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Aug 15, 2011

I sure hope so! He's actually calling tonight, so at least I'll know soon.

8. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Aug 15, 2011

Well, he just called to let me know that he isn't getting the information he needs from the board office to be able to tell me anything either way, but that he will possibly still be calling tonight, but probably tomorrow morning. He said, "You interviewed very well and you'll hear from me by morning." Ugh. I appreciate that he called so I'm not hanging on the edge of my seat tonight though.

9. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 15, 2011

Sounds like the job will be yours!

Thirty minutes seems standard for interviews, in my experience. Twenty seems plausible if he already had a lot of information about you from his brother. Some people have management styles that allow them to size up situations and make quick decisions.

10. Alisha

Alisha Cohort

Aug 15, 2011

I hope you're right! I will let you know tomorrow I guess! ;)