Short Notice Interviews?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by AnnNorCal, Jun 12, 2013.

1. AnnNorCal

AnnNorCal Rookie

Jun 12, 2013

I received a call for an interview today at 3pm for an interview at 11am tomorrow. Luckily, I am available but it does seem like really short notice. It makes me wonder if I might be a filler and they have someone in mind. Just wondering how many days ahead do districts usually call before an interview? I need to make a short trip this summer, but I would hate to be out of town and unable to get back so quickly.

3. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Jun 12, 2013

For me it's usually been for the next day or sometimes, that same day.

In the past, June was typically quiet and then I'd get all sorts of calls in July. I guess it varies. :)

4. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Jun 12, 2013

Most of my calls for interviews were within 2 days or so. Did you just apply recently? I had a couple where they'd already scheduled interviews but saw my resume and called me to come in that day or the next day. That's actually what happened with the job I took earlier this Spring.

5. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Jun 12, 2013

I got a call for the position I have now in the morning (voicemail) and asked me to come in that same afternoon at 2pm..so yes it happens.

6. Rhesus

Rhesus Comrade

Jun 12, 2013

Two of the three interviews I've had so far this hiring season have been short short notice (the day after they called).

What irritates me is that I put forth the effort to be Johnny on the Spot for their schedules, and then they let so much time pass before they contact me again. . . if they even bother.:mad:

7. doodle70

doodle70 Companion

Jun 12, 2013

I think the longest time between call and interview was 2 days.

8. OhThePlaces

OhThePlaces Cohort

Jun 12, 2013

For my last position, I was called on a Friday to interview the following Monday. For the position I just accepted for next year, I was asked on a Thursday to interview the following day.

9. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 12, 2013

Good luck and go for it!
    I've had a 1 day notice before, and it was all good.
    Rebel1

10. Oregon Teacher

Oregon Teacher Rookie

Jun 12, 2013

I wondered the same thing a couple of weeks ago when I got a call late in the afternoon one day for an interview early in the morning for a district two hours away. I'm glad you started this thread.

11. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jun 13, 2013

For my current job, I had less than 2 hours notice--got the call after 2 o'clock for a 3:45 interview. No time to change, and barely enough time to gather my thoughts; my students left at 3:30, then I made the 12 minute drive.

12. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 13, 2013

My interview today was scheduled over a month in advance! I was out of town though.
    I've had them last minute, too. The job I have now was "stop by when you finish your other interview" and I was offered the job on the spot! I was coming in from out of town and sent emails out, which is how she knew I had another interview.

13. TeachTN

TeachTN Comrade

Jun 13, 2013

I have had a bunch of short notice interviews, though I never know why. One time I was called at about 9am to interview at 10:30 - had to rush home to change to get to the interview, but I did it. Unfortunately I did not get hired. I appreciate when they can be flexible (such as now when I am taking classes for my Master's), but when they cannot, I simply have no choice but to turn down the interview. If you can jump through the hoop, please do - maybe they noticed your information late, but this could be the one! Best of luck!