Short Fun Q&A!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, May 3, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 3, 2009

There's about 1 1/2 - 2 mos left of school. Time for a fun Q&A thread! Answer these questions: :)

1) What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out? I'll feel more relaxed since college will be over for the summer. I may go to the movies.

2) What's the 1st thing you'll do when you're officially free for the summer? Probably bring home a pizza for dinner to celebrate the yr being over & stay up even later than I usually do, like 3am!

3) What thing(s) will you make sure to do THIS summer? Work out at my gym more, go on a few fun day trips, shop, eat, go to the movies, take my dog out more even if for a quick drive & go to an amusement park or two. I may fly somewhere...hopefully.

4) What's your favorite thing(s) to do indoors? Outdoors? Indoors - Wacth TV, be online, read magazines. Outdoors - Shop, browse bookstores, walk my dog, dine out.

5) How's the weather been lately?
    High 60s - low 70s. I wish it could be like that ALL summer!

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

May 3, 2009

1) What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out?

On Memorial Day - just relax, but on Sunday the Indy 500:)

2) What's the 1st thing you'll do when you're officially free for the summer?

Already planned, big group of teachers head for shopping trip to chicago, stay overnite and see a show - Thursday & Friday

3) What thing(s) will you make sure to do THIS summer?

Work related - revamp my AP courses, organize my computer files and oh getting new textbooks so spending lots of time getting familar with new books, new resources etc. . . .

My time - read, read and read some more. I will also do lots of cleaning that I never get time to do during the school year; closets, organize by books, clean out pantry

4) What's your favorite thing(s) to do indoors? Outdoors?

Indoors - Watch TV, be online, read, take naps :)

Outdoors - read outside - I really don't like outside past July. It is way too hot

We have a very rainy week - almost everyday. But today is beautiful, low 70's sunshiny day.

4. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 3, 2009

1) What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out? No idea... At that point I feel like I am grading a lot so I am not really far behind when I have to get final grades in. Other than that, probably just hanging out and bbqing somewhere.

2) What's the 1st thing you'll do when you're officially free for the summer? Stay up late and sleep in! Sometimes we go out after work. I would like to do something with my co-workers since I am (hopefully) leaving.

3) What thing(s) will you make sure to do THIS summer? Just get out of the house more, go to the pool or the gym.

And I am hopefully moving this summer too, so hopefully I will be able to pack and move in an organized manner. Would love to have a yard sale, too.

4) What's your favorite thing(s) to do indoors? Outdoors? Indoors - nap!
    Outdoors - lay by the pool or on the beach, and I love eating outdoors too, either a picnic or on Main Street there are a lot of places with patios here and I love eating and watching the people go by.

5) How's the weather been lately? up to the 80's and then down to the 50's in one week. I don't like it to be too hot but I would like something a little more consistent.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 3, 2009

1) What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out? I'll probably be working at the rest.

2) What's the 1st thing you'll do when you're officially free for the summer? I won't be free for summer as I'll be working, but I hope to be getting things ready for a classroom when I'm not working.

3) What thing(s) will you make sure to do THIS summer? I would like to take a mini vaca to the beach with dh and dd. I want to make sure that if I'm hired early that I have my classroom completely decorated, and the year laid out by August.

4) What's your favorite thing(s) to do indoors? Outdoors? INDOORS- nap, surf online, watch TV, and read
    OUTDOORS-play with my dogs, hang out with my family cooking out, and being by the water

5) How's the weather been lately? Rain, rain, and more rain

6. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

May 3, 2009

1) What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out? No specific plans as of yet. I will officially be on summer vacation at that point so I'm just looking forward to doing nothing.

2) What's the 1st thing you'll do when you're officially free for the summer? Go out to lunch with some teacher friends to celebrate the end of the year.

3) What thing(s) will you make sure to do THIS summer? Relax. I want to read, watch movies, scrapbook, sleep, and work on things for next year.

Indoors: Sleep, read, scrapbook
    Outdoors: Shop, walk my dog, read

5) How's the weather been lately? Too hot! We're expected to hit 100 this week.

7. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

May 3, 2009

1) What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out? Recover from the NASCAR race I will be attending on Sunday night :)

2) What's the 1st thing you'll do when you're officially free for the summer? Go out with friends on a week night

3) What thing(s) will you make sure to do THIS summer? Spend time with friends, go home, maybe go to Las Vegas with friends, exercise daily

4) What's your favorite thing(s) to do indoors? Outdoors? Indoors - Watch TV, on computer, read Outdoors - not a whole lot :lol: Take a walk. My allergies kill me!

Upper 70s to low 80s and dry

8. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

May 3, 2009

1) What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out? Well, a friend of mine is having a cook out that weekend, but I'm not sure if it's going to be on the Sunday or Monday, so I don't know what I'll be doing yet!

2) What's the 1st thing you'll do when you're officially free for the summer? Go home to my new house and get started on all the projects I have to do there this summer

3) What thing(s) will you make sure to do THIS summer? I am going to be insanely busy with painting, decorating, and yard work at the new house as well as the two grad classes I'm taking...so that's what my whole summer is going to look like.

4) What's your favorite thing(s) to do indoors? Outdoors? Indoors - watch tv or movies
    Outdoors - Going to the beach
    5) How's the weather been lately?Last week we were up near 90 for about 4-5 days straight. It was awesome! This past week it's been around 65 every day.

9. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

May 3, 2009

1) What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out? Probably attending some sort of memorial thing since it'll be exactly one year since the tornado hit.

2) What's the 1st thing you'll do when you're officially free for the summer? Begin the summer newsletter...yeah, I don't get a summer :)

3) What thing(s) will you make sure to do THIS summer? Go to an amusement park with a few friends

4) What's your favorite thing(s) to do indoors? Outdoors? INDOORS- read, nap, bake
    OUTDOORS-grill out, play sand volleyball, go for walks

5) How's the weather been lately? Storms and rain :(

10. irx7fani

irx7fani Rookie

May 4, 2009

1) What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out?

Probably going to San Diego

Take my gf to dinner for end of the year celebration =D

Gym, get better at golf

Indoors - read some books
    Outdoors - golf

Typical Southern Cali whether

11. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

May 4, 2009

1) What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out? We have to work on Memorial Day, that will be our last full day of school.

2) What's the 1st thing you'll do when you're officially free for the summer? Probably rest, rest, and more rest. I applied to work summer school, so if I get hired then I will be working until July 1.

3) What thing(s) will you make sure to do THIS summer? I will take my girls on some kind of mini-vacation. I always use the summer to get ready for the new year.

4) What's your favorite thing(s) to do indoors? Outdoors? Indoors - Watch TV, be online, nap. Outdoors - I am not an outdoors person, work in yard a little, let girls take showers in the yard.

5) How's the weather been lately?.It has been in the 80's so we can prepare for a hot summer

12. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

May 4, 2009

1) What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out? I am hoping for a weekend away, but since we haven't planned anything yet, who knows?

2) What's the 1st thing you'll do when you're officially free for the summer? Drink a lot of mojitos

3) What thing(s) will you make sure to do THIS summer? Work out, sleep in, go to the farmers market more and the beach.

4) What's your favorite thing(s) to do indoors? Outdoors? Indoors- read, write, watch tv, spend time online. Outdoors- take walks, go running, swimming, shopping.

5) How's the weather been lately? Nice. Mostly mid 60's and sunny, some rain. For this part of the country (pacific NW) that's fantastic weather!

13. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

May 4, 2009

We haven't figured out exactly what we're going to do. Probably drive up North to visit my DW's family.

Go out to eat.

Spend a lot of quality time with my DW and DS. I haven't spent as much time with them doing fun things this past year as I would have liked. I plan on giving our old clothes to our church and getting our DS some clothes that fit him well. Boy he grows fast!

Indoors -- composing music. I would like to work on some scores. Outdoors -- I love going for hikes and nice swims in fresh water.

It's already starting to get too warm for me. I prefer cooler weather, as does my DW, which is why we often drive up north whenever we have a chance.

14. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

May 4, 2009

1) What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out? Our last day is May 21st at noon! My parents always take my sons to the lake Thursday and I join them Saturday. I usually just sleep :)

2) What's the 1st thing you'll do when you're officially free for the summer? CRY! Sleep, margaritas...

3) What thing(s) will you make sure to do THIS summer? Read, golf, go to the lake, golf, take off some wallpaper, golf
    4) What's your favorite thing(s) to do indoors? Outdoors? indoors...shop, scrapbook, play board games with my sons, read Outdoors...golf, read, golf, grill, golf, pantoon, golf, sunbathe, golf
    5) How's the weather been lately? Low 60's which is perfect for golf

15. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

May 4, 2009

What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out? We take our trailer and have a huge family get together camping right on the beach at Flagler Beach.

2) What's the 1st thing you'll do when you're officially free for the summer? Stay up late and then sleep in (only until 8am). Make scrambled eggs for breakfast. I never have time during the school year.

3) What thing(s) will you make sure to do THIS summer? Clean alot of clutter that has collected in my house. Throw out some raggedy old clothes that I insist on keeping and as usual, we're cruising.

4) What's your favorite thing(s) to do indoors? Outdoors? Indoors-read, scrapbook, play around on the computer. Outdoors-ride my bike, take the dog to the dog park, putter in the garden, but it's usually too hot.

Hot, hot (High 80's. low 90's) and DRY! We have such a drought.

16. djmondi

djmondi Comrade

May 4, 2009

1) What are you going to do on Memorial Day, the LAST holiday before school's out? Hopefully take my daughter who will be 6 months old into the pool finally - I won't get in until it's been in the 90s for consecutive days!

2) What's the 1st thing you'll do when you're officially free for the summer? go to Buffalo Wild Wings and celebrate surviving this group of children

3) What thing(s) will you make sure to do THIS summer? lose this pregnancy weight:(

4) What's your favorite thing(s) to do indoors? Outdoors? Indoors - watch One Tree Hill - I became addicted during my maternity leave. Outdoors - go for a walk with the baby

5) How's the weather been lately? Warm but overcast today. I want 80s and sunny:)

17. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

May 4, 2009

In honor of the Swine Flu pandemonium, I think I'll go to the annual Pig-Out 2009
    Area: Northeast Georgia
    Date: Sat 5/23
    Sautee Nacoochee volunteer firefighters celebrate the 20th anniversary of the festival with pork, chicken, Brunswick stew, firehouse beans and slaw. Activities include live bluegrass music.

Unplug the phone and blacken the windows. Park the car in the garage. Keep the lawn unmowed.

I will try very hard to do nothing. It will be a challenge, since I usually end up doing something, but this summer is the one in which I hope I reach my goal.

Indoors - Keep the heat and the cats out.
    Outdoors - If I'm staying in Georgia, I like to try and find ways to get back inside.

Confusing. If you're living around Atlanta, you'll know what I mean. Is it hot? Is that a cold snap? Why is it raining again? Will Glenn Burns ever stop panicking?

18. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

May 4, 2009

Glenn Burns is the meglomaniac who does the weather on channel 2. You all have one--you know--the one who causes the bread aisles to become empty because of a self-induced panic disorder that must be broadcast (literally) any time the weather drops to near freezing.

19. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

May 4, 2009

Celebrate my wedding anniversary.

Sleep in, then give the house a good cleaning, then plant some flowers in my front yard.

Visit my parents in South Dakota, exercise, finish my thesis and MA program, go camping at least 2 times.

4) What's your favorite thing(s) to do indoors? Outdoors? Indoors - Watch TV, waste time online, read books. Outdoors - Lay on my lounge chair, garden, go to the lake, go camping.

5) How's the weather been lately? Ugh. Weird. Tumultuous. Sunny and warm one day, then mostly windy and rainy. Not too cold though, high 60's. However, usually by this time of year we're approaching low 90's and the rain is done for the season.

20. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

May 4, 2009

I don't have any plans for Memorial Day. We still have over two weeks of school after that.

I'm going to do as little as possible. The first scheduled thing is going with DH out of state to a performance and then to another state for a short vacation.

Eh, nothing in particular.

I like to read and cross-stitch when I'm inside. I like to work in the yard.

It's cold one day and hot the next. Then we get blazing sun or rain. We need to pick a season.

21. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

May 5, 2009

1) We're not off Memorial Day! Snow make-up day!
    2) SLEEP IN!!!! :)
    3) Clean my house!!!!
    4) Indoors--sleep, watch TV, read, cuddle with my puppy.
    Outdoors--go inside and get cool!
    5) Getting too hot already!