shoes to teach in

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by pjlmom, Sep 2, 2009.

1. pjlmom

pjlmom Rookie

Sep 2, 2009

For a month I have had pain in my heal. I went to the doctor and found out I have heel spurs and plantar fusciitis. I got New Balance sneakers for home. What comfortable shoes do you recommend for school ? It has to be comfortable and have good arch support.

3. pinkteacher123

pinkteacher123 Rookie

Sep 2, 2009

I work at a Kmart and we have a line called Cobbie Cuddlers. I haven't worn them myself but customers are always commenting about how comfortable they are for being on your feet alot. I don't know if you have Kmart stores where you are but you could always look online. There are quite a few different styles too!

4. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Sep 2, 2009

I wear a pair of Clarks almost every day and my feet never hurt. Sometimes I switch up with sketchers.

5. ahodge79

ahodge79 Companion

Sep 2, 2009

I wear sneakers to school all the time (well I did when I had a job), can't you wear your NB?

6. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 2, 2009

I second Pink... my Cobbies are on my feet pretty much all the time. They aren't always the most trendy, but i'll sacrifice fashion for comfort and practicality ANY day. :)

7. goopp

goopp Devotee

Sep 2, 2009

All I can say is...take care of your feet. I didn't get supportive shoes when my right foot started hurting, at least not right away, and I ended up having cortisone shots in my heel which eventually helped. With my left foot, I've done everything, including wearing a walking cast for the last month. Nothing has helped and we just scheduled surgery for Sept 25th. I'm NOT looking forward to that, but anything that will stop the pain is a good thing right now.

Crocs were recommended to me by my podiatrist. I have some Klogs that I purchased at a nursing store (great place to buy comfortable shoes, but pricey!), and Dansko's are really good, too.

8. pjlmom

pjlmom Rookie

Sep 3, 2009

shoes for school

Thank you for all your help. I'll check out the Cobbie Cuddlers. The foot doctor recommended the New Balances. They have very good arch support. I'll wear them if I'm subbing PE. I wear black Merrell clogs with Dr scolls inserts for regular class. I just wanted to see what everyone else recommended.

9. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Sep 3, 2009

Did your doctor recommend any type of shoe? Mine recommended a shoe with a back for me. (I usually wear backless). She also prescribed orthotics. She recommended Dansko and Soft (I think that's the spelling). I bought 2 pair of Dansko (very expensive). You'll know what shoe works when you try it on. I have several pair of Clarks. My foot still hurts when I wear them. The Dansko felt good immediately. Try some on.

Denise

10. pjlmom

pjlmom Rookie

Sep 3, 2009

shoe comfort

I've tried Dansko shoes. They kill me in the arch. I know a lot of nurses wear them , including my sister, but I can't wear them.

11. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Sep 4, 2009

Do you have a store nearby which specializes in walking shoes? If so, go in and try on some different brands. Clarks hurt me and most of the posters love them. I'm sure you'll find something that works.