Shoe Thread #8962 -- What are "Walkers?!"

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Starista, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Starista

Starista Cohort

Aug 28, 2010

Goooood Morning!

To those of us who completed our first week of school... let's celebrate!!!!! :haha::haha::haha::haha:

Okay... So I go to the OB on Wednesday and we hear baby's little heartbeat and it was amazing and loud. The coolest part is that my Mom is in town and she came with me to the appointment and was so happy to hear her grandbaby's heartbeat. :)

Anyway... As usual I had about 75 questions for my unusually patient OB. I talked to him about how I am on my feet the vast majority of the school day. He told me to sit when I can... which isn't too often, but I assured him I would.

I asked him if he had a shoe preference for pregnant ladies... I usually wear a pair of VERY comfortable, flat Clarks brand sandals. I figured they're perfect... they're open toe so my feet can breath and are very supportive and comfy.

He said those are fine for now, but eventually he'd like to see me in sneakers or "walkers." WHAT ARE WALKERS?!!?

I am fine with sneakers, although the task of bending over to tie shoes when I am 7 months or so along might be a daunting job!! :) Maybe I'll make it a classroom job...:lol:

So if anyone knows what walkers are.. do tell! :love:

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 28, 2010

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 28, 2010

Well, they really are sneakers, but ones with support in the right places for walking. Or standing.

Try this site:

www.footsmart.com

5. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Aug 28, 2010

Athletic shoes designed for walking as opposed to running, cross-training, etc. Good support, plenty of room for your toes.

6. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Aug 28, 2010

I don't know (nor really care for now) what walkers are but I wanted to say that I loved your post!!!! SO CUTE!!!

7. Starista

Starista Cohort

Aug 29, 2010

Awh, thanks! :hugs: