Shoe problem...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by pwhatley, Jul 20, 2007.

1. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 20, 2007

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, because my right knee was swollen and it hurt to bend it or to walk on it. After a jillion xrays and what felt like 4 hours of poking and prodding, he gave me a diagnosis: something is rubbing the wrong way in my knee socket, creating the swelling, etc. Further, it has been made worse by the fact that my arches are apparently falling, and I have been wearing the wrong shoes (Reeboks). He recommended New Balance shoes, because they have good arch support, and I agree, they are great shoes. However, do y'all know of any dressier shoes with good support? Like maybe a loafer? Something I could still wear with nice clothes so I look professional. :thanks:

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 20, 2007

My foot doctor was in love with New Balance. He told me that was all I could wear. I got them and wore them for a year. They were so heavy, though, and I got sick of wearing sneakers and looking like an idiot. Now I just wear anything with good support that I can afford. Dr. Scholl's work for me. There are lots of expensive shoes that are made well and have support. There was another recent thread on here about good shoes and lots of people shared which ones worked for them. I'll try and find it.l

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

5. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 20, 2007

Thanks, Daisy! I appreciate it!

6. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 20, 2007

I'll add that I love the Dr. Scholl's shoes. I found a pair at WalMart for like $9. They are black leather slip-ons. I LOVE them and they are one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I own.

7. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 20, 2007

sorry pw....:(

Here's some help for ya!

http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?p=417970#post417970

8. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2007

Does the doctor want to see you again to correct whatever is rubbing in your knee socket? Is it something loose or can it be corrected by changing your type of shoe? Take care of yourself!!

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 20, 2007

Cassie - Wal Mart just had a nice Earth Shoe sandal on sale for $9 too.

10. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jul 20, 2007

I LOVE Dansko clogs. They are so comfortable. They are hard on the inside, but they are very good for your feet. I was walking several miles a day in mine, to work and back for awhile, I stood all day and my feet didn't hurt when I got home. I had been bringing tennies to wear on my walk to work, but found that my feet hurt more in the nikes than the Danskos. I don't know about New Balance.

11. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Jul 20, 2007

I have to second litttleschool on this one. If you have problems with your feet or knees, you need to get GOOD shoes. Unfortunately, that often means expensive shoes. The Dansko Professional clog is one of the best shoes for people who are on their feet all day. I have two pairs, one black and one brown. Yes, they were expensive, but with proper care will last for years. I wear New Balance shoes for working out. They come in widths, and have great arch and anke support.