She's a senior this year

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Bella2010, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Oct 9, 2012

My niece. I'm feeling sad already. She has decided on her college, University of Central Oklahoma. It's a couple of hours away, and I'm really excited for her to start this new chapter, especially if it means she and her loser boyfriend will split. :rolleyes: It was awesome seeing how excited she was when she was telling me about her decision to go there. UCO has a color guard, and she's going to try out. Her band directors think she has a really good shot. :)

IDK, she was at my house earlier, and she was wearing the t-shirt she got when she went to tour UCO, and it just kind of hit me. I told DH I was going to cry at her "lasts" this year - rifle/color guard routines, prom, etc. Like I said, I'm really excited for her, it's just going to stink. She comes to my house when she's bored and wants to hang out, when she needs someone to talk to, when she wants to show me her new outfit, when she wants me to read over her essay, etc. I'm going to miss her. :(

Beth

3. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Oct 10, 2012

Beth, it is ok...mine went away to college this year. I miss him so much. He calls me once or twice a week, but I miss him so much.

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 10, 2012

It will be okay. My 'baby' is now 5 and a half hours away. I miss her terribly, but I'm thrilled that she's doing what she loves.

5. Bella2010

Bella2010 Habitué

Oct 10, 2012

Thank you for the kind words, I greatly appreciate them. :)

Beth

6. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Oct 13, 2012

My daugher left this fall for grad school about 3 hours away, after attending a college closer to home. I know 3 hours isn't really very far, but between working and classes and homework, she is too far to just run home for a quick visit. It was really hard at first, but she is doing well and seems happy, so that makes things easier. I feel your pain. :)

7. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Oct 13, 2012

It's so hard! But it's so great to see them start to lead adult lives and make their own decisions. There are a ton of great ideas on Pinterest for care packages. You will definitely be the favorite auntie.

8. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Oct 13, 2012

My daughter is a senior this year, too. Tonight is the last Homecoming dance she'll ever have. I have so many conflicting emotions about it all. I'm proud, I'm scared, I'm excited.... Ugh. She's wanting to go to a school 3 1/2 hours away, but when it comes right down to it, she's terrified to leave home. I won't make her go, but I do think she needs to leave and grow. :( It's a lot to deal with

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 13, 2012

Just spent several hours with my baby--dinner and the college hockey game. She's "loves it" and is having so much fun. My heart will break again tomorrow when I leave, but it's full of happiness for her at the same time.