Shenanigans you did when you were young

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Peregrin5, Jun 21, 2012.

1. GemStone

GemStone Habitué

Jun 22, 2012

Could be karma. :)

2. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jun 22, 2012

Not sure, MATgrad, but I suddenly have the theme song to "Welcome Back, Kotter" stuck in my head. :whistle:

3. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Jun 22, 2012

LOL. That is my belief. I was a horrible monster in the 8th grade, and its ironic that that's the grade I am going to end up teaching, and feel the most comfortable with. The universe sees fit to punish me with younger versions of myself.

4. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jun 22, 2012

I always tell my kids "don't try to pull anything on me, because I did it all and more when I was a kid. And I'll catch you!";)

I also tell them I invented cheating. I had so many ways to cheat... but anyways...:whistle:

5. roxstar

roxstar Companion

Jun 22, 2012

I was a bit naive and too afraid of my Dad to do much wrong. This was a small town so there was little to do and I did hang out with some kids during my senior year that convinced me to egg cars one night. We walked through the woods to a train trestle that passed over a road. My friend gave me an egg and told me to drop it on one of the cars. Well, I was too afraid to do it and just sat there terrified every time a car went by. Finally, after my friends had been relentlessly pushing me for a few minutes, I dropped the egg on a car...on a pristine white TRANS-AM...whose driver stopped the car in the middle of the street and left it there to chase us into the woods with a baseball bat. We had to hide on the side of an embankment for over an hour.
    Thanks for making me remember that. :)

6. 1cubsfan

1cubsfan Companion

Jun 22, 2012

I was a little crazy in high school.

Freshman year, we had a student teacher who let us walk all over him. I stood up in front of the class and accused him of being a heroin addict (I think this was following a series of questions asking him if he had ever done drugs.) I made him roll up his shirt sleeves to prove that he wasn't and take off his socks and shoes (because we told him that heroin addicts injected between their toes). He actually did it too!

Junior year we had another student teacher. Now, this was back when you needed to be in college to use Facebook, and in order to see someone else's Facebook, you had to attend their college. I had a friend who attended the same college as him, so we went and found his profiles and there were some shady pictures of him, including one of him licking another guy's toe- all of the pictures seemed typical drunk college boy stuff. I printed them out and posted them around the classroom the next day.

I skipped school a bunch, but that wasn't too big of a deal.

In elementary school, my friend and I used to go to the school in the evenings to talk to the janitor. It sounds creepy now, but he was nice and never did anything weird. Now, I just think of him as very foolish for letting two 10-11 year old girls hang out with him. He used to let us roller skate and ride our bikes in the school after hours. He would give us free milk, and took us up on the roof one time.

7. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Jun 22, 2012

Prime example of why you should think before you post anything on fb or a public forum such as a to z

8. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Jun 23, 2012

I just don't let anyone take incriminating photos of me period. xD Not that I really do anything that incriminating at this age anymore...

9. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Jun 23, 2012

I was such a goody-goody in school. I never got sent to the office my entire school career and I believe I turned in every homework assignment. My senior year of HS I got called to the principal's office to discuss an AP class (some people in my class were complaining to her that it was "too hard" and she thought I would have an unbiased opinion) and I literally had to ask my teacher where her office was!

I totally made up for this in my high school life guarding days...we definitely pulled some shenanigans on our break times- people were pretty serious about watching the pool of course but due to state laws they had to give us a 15 minute break for every 45 minutes of watching the pool, so in the summer we got pretty crazy. A lot of my friends got fired...I was told at one point that the only reason they were keeping me was b/c I was the best swim teacher they had despite some of the stunts I was involved in :eek:. Of course I have since matured and become a more responsible employee- but those are some of my fondest teenage memories!

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 24, 2012

I can honestly say that I didn't do anything bad, mischievous, strange, etc. when I was younger. I'm boring.

11. Speechy

Speechy Comrade

Jul 4, 2012

This thread really made me laugh...oh god...

I was a good kid. Really, I never had any reason to rebel, as the parents raised my siblings and me to be free spirits and all that jazz. So, I suppose I wasn't rebellious as much as I was... devious!

Some of the things that sixteen/seventeen year old me did was nuts. I drove tipsy with friends on a beach once (luckily it was deserted at the time). I TPed a few houses of people I didn't particulary care for, and got kicked off of the tennis team in high school for several reasons, including doing something I had no business doing underneath the bleachers. Luckily, my parents had just made a generous donation to the school that year, and I am still convinced to this day that is what saved my a** and stopped it from going on my record. Seriously.

College was even better. I was visiting another university and a certain dormitory there allowed students to walk around naked. I just stripped off my clothes and went for it. I dabbled in psychedelics and maybe went to class with a hangover a few times. College was such a blast, but sometimes I find it amazing that accomplished what I did.

So, what can I say? I have a devilish streak- though, I am much more mellow now. Now, I'm just another ol' boring adult.

16/17 year old me would definitely think current me is lame. But I suppose we all grow up at some point.

12. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 4, 2012

Nothing I would dare put in writing, especially after reading how mild everyone else was. Cute stories though.

13. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 5, 2012

I only posted the stuff I MIGHT have done in high school. My 20s were another story... :whistle:

14. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 5, 2012

This had me :lol:!!!

My mom found out most of the stuff I did in school about a month after they were done because I ended up telling her about them. I thought a month was a good statue of limitations of getting into trouble. :)

There are some stories I wouldn't dare share!! Here are a few though:

In elementary school (5th grade I think), my friend had been dumped by a boy that rode our bus. I wrote her a note saying how he was a dog and that she didn't deserve him. At the bottom of the note I drew a pic of him looking a girl with a big chest. I got sent to the principal's office, who was very surprised to see me in his office. He went to my church.

Jr. high (8th grade), I had walked to my mom's office (she worked for a lawyer) which was just a few blocks from the school. By the time I got there, it was starting to rain pretty hard. Well, I was hungry and thirsty and wanted to get something to eat/drink. My mom suggested that after I put my stuff in her car, to walk down to the store that was just a block away. Well, it was raining and I didn't want to get wet (even though I had an umbrella) so I put my bag in the car, got in the driver's seat and drove to the store and back....:whistle:

In high school, I was pretty good. Participated in some TPing of houses, missed curfew a few times staying a bf's house too long, and skipping school one day with my friends. We spent the night at the lake and stayed out there the next day. It was fun! I'm surprised that our parents actually let us do that since we were unsupervised!