Sharing my testimony

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by teach123, Jul 3, 2007.

1. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Jul 3, 2007

Many of you know that I have been a LTS in a school district for 5 years. Last year, I really felt like the Lord was asking me to be willing to lay teaching at His feet and follow Him no matter what happens. My dad died the same year and I went through two grieving processes. I needed to let go of teaching even if it meant I would never have my own classroom again. It has been a long, emotional journey of wrestling with God, asking lots of questions, going through times of unbelief and finally total submission to Him. I interviewed again this year in the district I was a LTS in, but I still didn't get hired. It seemed like that was the end of teaching for me. I decided to pursue some other options, but last week I was called for an interview!! I have the interview today. I don't know what will happen, but I will praise God if I get the job and I will praise God if I don't get the job. Whatever happens, God knows what is best for our lives even when we can't understand it. Some of the things I learned through this journey are that God is moving even when He is silent, we need to let go of our plans so He can work His plans in our life, and we need to continue to worship Him even in the difficult times. I hope this helps some of you who are going through discouraging times. God has the perfect plan for our lives, and He will fulfill His purpose for you.

3. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jul 3, 2007

Thank you for your inspirational words. I have struggled with trusting God for the past 3 years (after a traumatic incident) and it has been escpecially hard the last week. I am currently reading a book about how God's timing is not our own, and I am so not patient!
    Thanks for the encouragement and good luck with your job search.

4. mrs.teacher5

mrs.teacher5 Companion

Jul 3, 2007

What a great way to put it. GOD does have a plan for everyone of us and we must be patient. It's funny because we tend to praise GOD when things are good but must realize that we need him even more when life seems to be unfair. Keep praying HE answers prayers :)

5. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Jul 3, 2007

Thank you so much for sharing. What a great reminder! :)

6. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jul 3, 2007

thanks for posting that ! It's the truth- sometimes hard to accept....:love:

7. teachng exp

teachng exp New Member

Jul 10, 2007

Be encouraged!

God will show you just what He has for you and what He wants you to do.

8. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Jul 10, 2007

Thanks for the encouraging words. I didn't get the job, but the first words that came to me when I knew I didn't have the job were, "Bless the Lord, O my soul and forget not all His benefits." God has given me so much. He gave His Son to die for me. What more can I ask for? He loves me and knows what is best for me. He gave me a wonderful husband and children. He has blessed us so much. Even though it wasn't what I wanted, I have had work for the past 5 years.
    Oh yes, I did cry later, but once again I was reminded that I need to let go of my situation and let God take care of it. I have so much more peace this summer than I did last summer. Two of my favorite songs are "Completely" by Ana Laura and "Never Give up on Me" by Joshua Bates. They really speak about "letting go and letting God."

9. I want to TEACH

I want to TEACH Companion

Jul 11, 2007

What is the book you speak of called?

10. Eliza

Eliza Companion

Jul 11, 2007

The peace that you feel is so obvious in your words. May God bless you and your family. His timing is truly perfect.

11. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Jul 11, 2007

Your words made me cry!!!! I want Him to be glorified most of all.

12. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Jul 11, 2007

God is working in your life.

13. daddy'sgirl

daddy'sgirl Rookie

Jul 11, 2007

It is so true. I can definitely feel the peace of God flowing from your words. Our God is so faithful. He did promise us that He would keep us in perfect peace if we just keep our minds stayed on Him. I encourage you to continue to seek the purpose and plans of God for your life. He is wroughting a mighty work in you. Know that God's delays are not His denials. Not only is Our Father preparing you for the classroom. He also has to prepare a school to be able to receive the precious jewel that He will bless them with in you. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers and you are a great inspiration to me as I search for my place to begin this new chapter in my life as well. God bless you.

14. reverie

reverie Companion

Jul 24, 2007

Thank you for posting that. I am going through a lot right now and trying really hard to believe it. Good luck in your interview.

15. teach123

teach123 Cohort

Jul 25, 2007

Thanks, but I didn't get the job. Some days are still very difficult for me, but I believe God is in control and He is using this for my good. I often think of Joseph who had to sit for years in prison before God showed him why he had to go to Eygpt. I just told my husband this morning that I feel like I am in prison and that this time will never end.
    Every day I need to lay it down and let Him work in my life.

16. amazngraece

amazngraece Rookie

Jul 31, 2007

You words are so pleasing to the Lord, remember Paul's letter to the Philippians, from prison as well, he calls us to be joyous in our trials, Phil 1:21 "For me to live is Christ, to die is gain".

you are pleasing him by surrendering, go reread chapter 2-3 Wow, you're living it! somewhere in there it says "empty yourself" you say, "everyday I need to lay it down and let Him work..." you surely got it!

Thanks for honoring him in your difficulties.