Sharing my long interview process

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MrsJay, Jun 24, 2014.

1. MrsJay

MrsJay Rookie

Jun 24, 2014

I had an interview with a great district in CA about 3 weeks ago. I went to the interview not really sure what to expect since most of my friends were interviewing and getting hired in another closer district.

All in all the interview process was about 2 1/2 hours long! Every friend I talked to had 15 - 30 minute interviews.

I started off with a panel interview. There were 10 principals, an assistant superintendent and an HR rep. This part was about 30 minutes. They all asked me questions and then I got to ask them questions.

I was then told I passed round 1 and can move on to round 2. I didn't know there was a round 2 :eek:

I was sent to a room with computers. I needed to sit down and take an assessment, write a lesson plan and a letter to parents inviting them to back to school night. They gave me a 3rd grade language arts standard for the lesson plan. It was timed, I had one hour to complete.

I completed the assessment and had to print out all of my work. I thought I would turn them in and leave. Nope!

I was told to go back and sit in the waiting room because I had to present all of it to the panel. This was round 3. I waited for about 30 minutes to go back in because they were interviewing other candidates.

I get called to go back in and present to the panel. I needed to teach my lesson and explain why I chose the strategies that I did and how this would benefit my students. I also needed to read my letter as if I was hosting back to school night. I was then asked MORE questions and finally told that my interview was over and they would make a decision next week.

My interview was at 8 AM and at this point it was 10:30 AM.

It went really well though because I was offered a contract teaching kindergarten in Southern California :):):) I am so happy with where I am going to be and am proud of myself for surviving that marathon interview!

3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jun 24, 2014

Congrats! That does sound like a lot to do without any notice!

4. vateacher757

vateacher757 Cohort

Jun 24, 2014

Congrats!!!!!!!

I would have been exhausted, lol.

5. My3kloves

My3kloves Rookie

Jun 24, 2014

Wow! Talk about putting you on the spot. Kind of cool but I'm thankful I haven't had to do that. Lol

Congrats on a job well deserved!!!

6. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jun 24, 2014

Congratulations! That sounds like a completely insane interview process, but I'm glad it worked out so well for you!! :)

7. DressageLady

DressageLady Comrade

Jun 25, 2014

Congratulations! That sounds like a grueling experience. But perhaps it is better to get it all done in one marathon session like that?

Anyway! Well done!
    Sheilah

8. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2014

So happy for you! Obviously you have shown them that you have what it takes!!

9. hep223

hep223 Companion

Jun 27, 2014

Congratulations! Way to go!! (I would have been freaked by the 10 panel interview!!) You are going to be an amazing teacher. :)