Share Your Classroom Pics!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MMRbella, Jul 29, 2011.

1. MMRbella

MMRbella Companion

Jul 29, 2011

Hello Everyone!

I moved into a different classroom this year, so I'm basically setting my classroom up all over again. (The room is smaller and shaped differently than the other). :( I'm a very visual person, and I'm looking for some inspiration. For those of you who have started to set up, I would LOVE it if some of you could share pictures of your classrooms with me!

Thanks in advance! :)

3. janney

janney Cohort

Jul 29, 2011

4. missalli

missalli Companion

Jul 29, 2011

I'm so jealous... I can't get into my classroom for another week and it's driving me nuts!

5. MMRbella

MMRbella Companion

Jul 29, 2011

Janney- I've been on this site since 2007 and I've never realized that section. :x Thank you for pointing it out to me!

Missalli- Usually they don't let us into our rooms until one week and a half before school starts. :( There's a lot of changes in my building this year... everyone is changing rooms except for one grade level AND we're taking on 8 additional classrooms. That's right... an entire grade level. Last year we were a P-4 school, this year we will be P-5. We are gaining 200 additional students. I promise you... it will be CHAOS. Lol. And that is the ONLY reason why they are letting us in early.

6. missalli

missalli Companion

Jul 29, 2011

I know I shouldn't complain because due to my position as a pullout I won't have kids right away. But I'm totally juiced up right now and I hate to lose that momentum!

7. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jul 30, 2011

Wow! 200 additional students? Is this a private school?

8. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 30, 2011

I have pictures of my classroom (and a whole bunch of other amazing teachers' rooms) on my blog: www.CFClassroom.com

I am addicted to peaking into other classrooms and am having so much fun showcasing others.

9. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2011

Sometimes it is bad to set up early. Someone on the board last year had her room all set up and they changed her room so she had to take it all down and set it up again.

10. MMRbella

MMRbella Companion

Jul 31, 2011

No we are public. :unsure: The school that housed all the fifth graders in district is being renovated this year. So, they redistributed all the students throughout the district. We had a new wing built onto the school last year, giving us 8 additional classrooms. They were supposed to be used for pre-k, but with all the budget cuts, pre-k is being cut, not expanded. That left us with empty rooms and space for more students. But since the principal did not want to put 5th grade students in the new rooms (they have bathrooms), everyone in the building is being shifted around. : / If we didn't have the extra rooms- they would have had to use trailers...

11. carrieSAtoUSA

carrieSAtoUSA Rookie

Jul 31, 2011

12. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 31, 2011

I always forget about the photo section.

13. k1m

k1m Rookie

Aug 3, 2011

I was given a link to your blog a few days ago. Brilliant! So much useful info :)