Shapes/Shape Names Printables

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by soleil00, Sep 13, 2011.

1. soleil00

soleil00 Comrade

Sep 13, 2011

Google failed me and apparently my titling abilities are failing me as well.

I have looked for hours and cannot find what I am looking for. I need some worksheets that aren't super hard, but they need to have 4 shapes: triangle, square, rectangle, and circle.

They also need to have the shape NAMES which is the biggie here because my first graders haven't the slightest clue what the shape names are.

That's a big thing we have to test them on in October and they have to be able to identify shapes and shape names.. I need some supplemental activities they can do for homework or whatever to help them out.

Help? I've found one that works okay, I sent it for homework tonight from... math-aids.com but that's all I've found.

I'm also getting the one printable that is on here, so that can be for tomorrow..

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

4. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Sep 13, 2011

A to Z has a printable book about shapes... maybe this is the one you already found here:
    http://printables.atozteacherstuff.com/456/i-can-draw-shapes-printable-book/

I'm surprised they didn't learn this in kindergarten or even preschool!

Another thing I did with kindergarten was name their tables by shape. Tables would line up as I called their shape name. Maybe something repetitive like that would help it stick.

5. soleil00

soleil00 Comrade

Sep 13, 2011

o_o I am an utter failure at googling! Ugh!

Thank you ever so much czacza!

6. soleil00

soleil00 Comrade

Sep 13, 2011

Amanda.... they are supposed to learn this in Kindergarten. However, I have bundles of students from a few of the teachers that retired this past year and I have a growing feeling that they saw the "light at the end of the tunnel" and just blew off the rest of the year. I have maybe 5 kids that know their shape names, the rest just.. make guesses.