Shape wear

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by czacza, Aug 14, 2012.

1. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 14, 2012

I don't post topics like this:blush:...but I'm shopping for shape wear for under the dress I'm wearing to son's wedding...I could truthfully get by with just a strapless bra as im not fighting bulges, but I'm figuring might as well smooth everything... Do you have any Favorite brands or places to shop for shape wear foundations?

3. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 14, 2012

I've been looking at them myself and wondering! Two of us maybe get some ideas. I could use a bit of "smoothing" in the tummy and hips with this dress I'm wearing for the wedding.

4. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2012

I love spanx!

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 14, 2012

Macy's has some nice looking ones online and a buy one, get one 50% sale, but I'd rather go try on...I have a younger chunky friend who wears Spanx bottoms and is always clutching them and yanking them up...not attractive! I mostly need help on top for my dress (spaghetti staps) but figure I'll go for more smoothing while I'm at it...

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 14, 2012

Why not go to a "foundations" store and ask? You could even bring in a picture of your dress (or, better yet, the dress itself.)

Those people tend to know their business!

7. janlee

janlee Devotee

Aug 14, 2012

I shopped for a "shaping foundation" for my son's wedding. I went to both Kohl's and Macy's and tried on quite a few. I brought 4 or 5 of them home and tried them with the dress to make sure it looked right. Yes, it was a pain to have to return them but I ended up with one that I wore for about 10 hours and it didn't even feel like I had it on. The brand was a Flexees.

8. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 14, 2012

That means she's buying them too small. A lot of people buy them a size too small thinking that if some tight is good, more is better. All they do is end up tugging at it because it doesn't fit. I just had to put mine back in the drawer. :blush: I'm considerably bigger on top than on the bottom, so a torso shaper helps me avoid muffin top . . . which is a problem that comes from having narrow hips & thighs and carrying weight above my waistline. Lost 30. Gained 8 (10?). Sat down Sunday morning to put on my shoes, and my shaper rolled up. Dang it!

I would go to a store and have a fitting. If you can't take the dress, at least take a photo of it. That way you can get the right kind of foundation for fit, fabric, and style of the dress.