Sexual Harassment by Principal

Discussion in 'General Education' started by SamanthaJ, Sep 20, 2015.

1. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Oct 2, 2015

As a fellow Catholic school teacher, I really wish you would go to the diocese and share with them what is going on. He should NOT be in charge of the school. You are potentially putting other faculty, staff, or God forbid, children in harms way if this is how he behaves.

I hope he backs off his tactics with you, but he should not have a job in a school if this is how he behaves.

2. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Oct 3, 2015

Don't wait. Do it NOW.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Oct 3, 2015

I was once sexually harassed at school. It was so unexpected and bizarre that I honestly didn't know how to react in the moment, even though I generally consider myself to be quite assertive. I felt guilty afterward for not being "strong" (I'm not sure if that's the right word) enough to knock the guy down a peg or two and stand up for myself in the moment. In talking to others, I get the impression that mine was a common reaction, so I get where you're coming from.

With that having been said, you owe it to yourself to handle this issue. This guy clearly isn't getting the message through the hints you're giving him. It doesn't matter that he's gross or married or any of it. It matters that he keeps pestering you and you are uncomfortable with that.

The way I see it, you have a couple of options.

1. "There seems to be some confusion. I am not interested in meeting you for drinks or socializing with you in any way now or in the future. Please stop texting, calling, emailing, or contacting me about anything not directly related to school."

2. Go directly to the diocese and file a complaint.