Seriously its like that old boyfriend thing...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MsBee, Aug 14, 2009.

1. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Aug 14, 2009

When you have a boyfriend every guy wants to talk to you and get to know you but when you don't no one seems to notice.
    Or when you don't have money you want everything and when you do you never see anything you want.

Well as you know I got the job in VA and now 5 schools have called me since then asking me to interview for them.

Kind of scary. I have not signed my contract yet in VA so hopefully things go as planned and I am able to still teach. (I don't want them to call me and say nevermind!!! :eek::eek:)

But yea a school called me that same day I was offered the position in NC and I have not gotten one phone call from the 10 districts I applied to in NC. Another called me today and she will do phone interviews...finally someone can do a phone interview for me.

Another e-mailed me and said my resume was very impressive. It is?! No one said that before.

Just funny.

3. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Aug 14, 2009

It rains, it pours!!

4. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2009

We are always more desirable when we are taken! Good for you!

5. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Aug 14, 2009

So are you going to interview with the other schools? I def would until you get a signed contract.

6. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Aug 14, 2009

Don't say that!!!! I told them all I accepted another position but I have not signed a contract yet!!!!

I mean its kind of too late. I already canceled the interviews and I am flying back home tomorrow so.....too late.
    Don't say that. I'm just praying I get the contract soon!!

7. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Aug 14, 2009

Hopefully everything will work out but you just never know. So if you are given an interview with anyone else, then you need to take it but it is whatever you are comfortable with.

Do you know when you'll be getting your contract?

8. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Aug 14, 2009

No. I have to turn in a bunch of stuff at the orientation. Then they said once everything is finalized they will mail the contract.

Your scaring me!!! lol

9. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me as soon as I signed mine I had calls from several other districts including a school from the district that just hired me.

10. MATgrad

MATgrad Groupie

Aug 14, 2009

I never thought of it that way but it makes sense. LOL!

11. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 14, 2009

Last year as soon as I agreed to my job in Colorado I had interview calls from about four schools within the next week.

12. txteach2b

txteach2b Comrade

Aug 14, 2009

I know how that goes. It seems every time I get a new job, others are calling me. A couple of years ago, I was subbing, and as soon as I landed a LTS, another district called nearly every day for three weeks until Mom told them I would call THEM when I became available. It just never happened. As soon as the LTS was over, I was hired full time as a TA, and I never looked back!!

13. Teacherella

Teacherella Habitué

Aug 14, 2009

Did you get a letter of employment confirmation? I turned down another offer to take this offer (my first choice school) and they can't give me a contract until I have my employment orientation. But, I got the letter of employment confirmation for now. Maybe you can ask for something like that.

14. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Aug 14, 2009

I will call monday and ask!

15. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 14, 2009

Miss Bee...

when it rains it pours. But YES...if any other school calls.. tell them. I have an offer-but not a contract. Knowing THAT, I WOULD like to make an appointment to speak to you.

YOU CAN ALWAYS CANCEL and tell them you were hired. NO-ONE is going to hold your setting up insurance for the year against you. ESPECIALLY not in THIS economy and job market!

In FACT, this will get the new district saying:

(1) This is a teacher SO desirable that she is good enough to be hired.

(2) That COULD mean that she would do GREAT things for OUR kids. After all-we know she has what it takes to PASS an interview. Why NOT check her out!

(3) That other school is FOOLISH to leave a desirable teacher out to dangle...but WE won't be so foolish. IF she interviews with us..and IF she is good enough..we POUNCE Quickly and MAKE IT WORTH her while! Ya snooze, ya lose!

(4) Get her IN HERE!!! I NEED to meet THIS one!

THIS is when you play to YOUR advantage. My niece was in this position and did VERY VERY well for herself. She interviewed at BOTH and then had a bidding war going on.

Congratulations...and PLAY IT!

16. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Aug 14, 2009

I just pray I get the contract!!!!!! I'm getting nervous.

17. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Aug 14, 2009

I should though. Why would they offer it to me and then take it back? They hired 6 new teachers.

18. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 14, 2009

I think a lot of large districts do contracts in a few big batches near the start of school.

Mine holds 3 or 4 mini-orientation/contract sessions before school starts. I had a letter of intent to return to them within 3 days in late June, but just signed my contract yesterday.

Didn't you already get keys to your room etc?

19. NC1stGradeTeach

NC1stGradeTeach Rookie

Aug 14, 2009

Same thing happened to me too....my first year of teaching. After I signed my contract I was offered three different classrooms in two other counties

20. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Aug 14, 2009

No keys to the room but saw the room. We can't start working on our rooms until Monday. The school sent me a welcome letter and all so I think I am safe!!
    Plus I already signed up for orientations and all.

21. Zanity

Zanity Rookie

Aug 15, 2009

MsBee the day I received my offer I had 3 other schools call that day. I signed my contract and even had 3 more call me on my cell phone while I was standing in the building that monday in my room. I had one email me a contract without even calling me!

You are fine. I cannot wait to hear about you moving to VA. I miss it!

22. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 15, 2009

You are doing the right thing. Don't go changing your plans yet again. It is a good place and you will be happy!:)

23. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 15, 2009

I am SO excited for you. AND don't worry the contract is on the way. DO NOT freak out on us!:hugs:

24. MissLD

MissLD Rookie

Aug 16, 2009

I recently got hired by the same county you did and I was worried too that something would happen and they wouldn't send a contract to me. It took about 1 1/2-2 weeks and they mailed it to me. Don't worry I am sure you will get it soon.

25. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Aug 19, 2009

Just got another call for a kindergarten position today!!!! Don't know if I should interview for it. Don't want any bad karma to come through.