SERIOUSLY! ANOTHER BUG PROBLEM(BED BUGS)

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherCuriousExplore, Aug 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aces

Aces Habitué

Aug 21, 2018

Yes...it was... You left dirty dishes out for three days. You left a food source out, which was enough of an invite for flies to lay eggs. The eggs hatched and you get maggots. This is basic 6th grade biology.

futuremathsprof and a2z like this.
  2. Aces

Aces Habitué

Aug 21, 2018

Also you could have picked them up from school as well and carried them home.

3. TeacherCuriousExplore

TeacherCuriousExplore Cohort

Aug 21, 2018

Do not go to school. I work from home

4. TeacherCuriousExplore

TeacherCuriousExplore Cohort

Aug 21, 2018

Nah. I understand this but if that was the case then it should have happened in the other places I lived. I have been doing that for years. Nothing happened until I moved into this place. The place is filthy. I bet if the rug is pulled up the infestation will show.

5. Aces

Aces Habitué

Aug 21, 2018

Do you also shop from home as well? Have zero public relations time?

6. Aces

Aces Habitué

Aug 21, 2018

Not necessarily. This place may be more likely, yes, but that may not have anything to do with the building or the tenants. The buildings physical location may be more likely to have flies. However, it's still your own bloody fault. Who leaves dishes soaking for multiple days? And more over, why do you think you can just blame someone else for what you did wrong? Did nobody teach you that YOUR actions have consequences? Just because you don't get caught speeding a hundred times before doesn't mean you don't get the ticket when you do get caught.

Also, why do you even bother posting here if you're a) not going to actually read what we say or b) take our advice?

7. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Aug 21, 2018

Sorry, dirty dishes left unwashed for three days in the sink in summer. By the way, adding bleach to the soaking pan is new information that you are just now adding. Had you rinsed the dishes and put them in a dishwasher, waiting for a full load, you might have grown mold, but not fly larvae, because the flies could not have gotten to the "waiting" dishes in the dishwasher. But that's not where the dirty dishes were. They were sitting in your sink, where flies were free to find them. The fly larvae are all on you, however, I seriously doubt that your other critters are a result of anything you have done. I suspect a preexisting bed bug population or a traveling infestation problem. You do know that pots and pans, dishes, cutlery have no where for bed bugs to hide, so one wash as you are moving, and they are good as new? I don't care what you choose to do with your clothes, fabric items, bedding - but you might get charged for not throwing it away. Put it in a trash bag, pitch it, and don't get fined for leaving a mess behind you.

I can see that you are freaked out by all of this, but you haven't done what you need to do as a responsible adult. We have heard all about your financial problems, and yet, you are throwing away the good things when a simple wash would make them good as new. Did you suddenly become rich overnight? I see future threads about going back to work for your parents because you are not able to make ends meet, since you are having to replace everything you own. The bed bugs were not your doing, but you left dirty dishes in a sink, in summer, in an apartment with an unobstructed hole in the wall to the outdoors, so yes, you invited the flies in, and the flies made fly love and left their "youngin's" for you to raise.

Will you have enough money to move somewhere other than your parents once you pay the September rent, but are actually vacating the apartment?? A new place may want a deposit and first month's rent to move in, so September could end up costing you rent times 3. Financially, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.