Senior Prank

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by mr_post22, Apr 11, 2014.

1. mr_post22

mr_post22 Companion

Apr 11, 2014

So, this sort of pertains to school but it kind of doesn't. So the class before be (class of 1999) wasn't that bright and they hadn't come up with a senior prank. Than they asked me (a junior) and I devised the perfect plan (with the principal's), so what we did was we transported cows from a friends farm, put them in the elevator and let the rum around upstairs. Since cows cannot go downstairs, they were contained. So when the kids came to school the next day, they left because it stunk from cow poo. Than an AP was wondering more about where the cows came verses the fact that all the students were leaving school. It was amazing, until I almost got expelled than the principal said I had permission to do it so.

So my high school mascot was the sharks and we have an outside amphitheater in the middle of the school and my class (2000) wanted to do something weird. So we plugged up the drain, filled it with salt water, and put baby sharks in it. Little did we know that it was also the day that the incoming freshmen were touring the school and we scared the students and parents. It was amazing.

Also, when I got a job at my old high school, I was told I could not tell any of the seniors about what I did for my senior pranks.

What was your senior prank?

3. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Apr 11, 2014

This was not mine, but the best prank I've seen was when I was student teaching. The kids got into the school on a Sunday night and took all of the chairs or chair-desk combos in the building and dragged them to the teacher parking lot out front. This was a school of over 2,000 kids so the amount of chairs in the parking lot was massive. I can only imagine how long this took and they must have had an inside man to open the school doors for them.

Most teachers were super angry on Monday morning because they couldn't park in the teacher lot AND if they wanted to have chairs/desks in their room before students showed up at 8 am, they had to go out and drag them in by themselves. :lol::lol: Also, I heard a teacher complaining about how her special teacher chair was never found and she was sure another teacher had stole it.

The P and AP seemed to think it was very funny so I'm sure they were "the inside man."

4. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Apr 11, 2014

My senior prank was more or less the same as yours, except with a greased pig instead of a cow. We also blocked access to the teacher's parking lot, and charged $5 a person to park. The school even let us keep the money, as long as we put it towards the senior class fund instead of our own pockets.

5. Glühwürmchen

Glühwürmchen Rookie

Apr 11, 2014

Still in the process of figuring that out... (not that I'm masterminding it!)

The prank two years ago was a food fight and that was extremely bad. We know not to do anything like that. Our principal is supportive of pranks, they just have to be appropriate. Last year the seniors had a luau in the parking lot. People have been throwing out a bunch of ideas for ours all our year. So far the most popular idea seems to be everyone setting their alarms on their phones for a certain time and putting them in their lockers so teachers can't get them. It's not great, but I think it's something everyone could live with.

My school is really lame :lol:

6. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Apr 11, 2014

It makes me sad that so many of you used animals in your pranks. It is cruel.

7. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Apr 11, 2014

Our seniors don't do one. I wish they'd do a clean, good-hearted one, but they get out of hand too fast.

8. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Apr 11, 2014

When you go to a school where half the kids live on farms, it's one of those things that is going to happen.

9. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Apr 11, 2014

And considering the greased pig my class used eventually went on to be the star attraction of a pig roast, I'd say spending twenty minutes running around a school probably wasn't the worst thing that ever happened to it.

10. HistoryVA

HistoryVA Devotee

Apr 11, 2014

Our seniors do the same thing every year. On senior skip day, they all wait outside the doors with water guns, balloons, hoses, etc and wait for dismissal. Its funny watching the unsuspecting freshmen (sophs and juniors are pretty good about not telling them) and watching the Sops and Juniors try to stay in the building as long as possible before security forces them out into the melee.

THis year, the teachers have decided to attack the seniors while they're getting the younger ones.

11. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Apr 11, 2014

I teach at a very rural school. None of them have done any senior pranks period. I actually doubt they'd use their animals. They treat them like royalty prepping for the fair.

12. HistoryVA

HistoryVA Devotee

Apr 11, 2014

I've actually never been to, taught at, or personally know of (as in within my teaching district) any school where seniors did destructive or disruptive pranks like the ones that get mentioned on this board. Seriously, senior skip day and some water fights is as much as I've ever seen. My high school didn't do senior pranks at all.

Actually, the school I went to and the school I teach at do Senior Projects where the senior class raises money for something to improve the school, like a bench or a memorial.

13. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Apr 11, 2014

Considering the quote you were responding to, I find your answer to be :lol::lol::lol:. Too funny.

14. i8myhomework

i8myhomework Comrade

Apr 12, 2014

We did farm animals and let them loose through the school. They seemed happy to be petted by students passing by. Seeing a llama cruise by the school office was hilarious.

Another group put several teacher's desks on the roof.

15. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Apr 12, 2014

A couple of years ago a group of Seniors did a Senior prank. Think they tp'd something. It did not go over very well. In fact, the students involved almost didn't get to walk.

16. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 12, 2014

My senior class was so laid back, not only did we decide to forgo a prank, we totally forgot Cut Day until a week too late.

17. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 12, 2014

Finding this just a bit unbelievable.

18. msaly

msaly Comrade

Apr 12, 2014

Our class put thousands of plastic forks in the ground. It was lame. I didn't participate. I felt bad for the janitors who had to pick them all up.

19. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Apr 12, 2014

I agree.

20. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2014

One of the guys I hung with was the Principal's son Before school started in Sept 1968 he got his dad's keys and we and 5 other guys and two girls from the Typing class, went into school commando style the night before school started And added one name to EVERY teacher's class list, Zelda Gilroy
    took us about 3 to 4 hours to retype ALL the class lists by flashlight.

By lunch the whole student body was abuzz about Zelda Gilroy! Some knew the name from the TV show "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis (1959–1963)"
    At the end of the year during the Awards Assembly we gave Zelda Gilroy an award for perfect un Attendance and the whole Auditorium died laughing

[​IMG]

21. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Apr 13, 2014

I don't know if this is true but I heard there was a class that let loose three lambs in the high school and painted numbers on them 1, 2 & 4 and the administration went crazy looking for number 3
    [​IMG]

22. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Apr 13, 2014

We didn't do a prank. Our P actually made a deal with us about skip day. If we didn't have a "skip day" he would let us out a day early at the end of the year. We agreed to his deal, but still did skip day a little differently. Half of the class skipped one day and the other half skipped about a week later! He had no way to prove anything because all of our parents called us in! We still got out a day early as promised!

23. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Apr 13, 2014

Awww, cute little piggy :lol:

24. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Apr 13, 2014

We did an April Fool's joke on a teacher where we took out all her student desks. The students then went in and sat on the floor like nothing was wrong.

Our senior prank was simply tp'ing the inside and outside of the school building.

25. mr_post22

mr_post22 Companion

Apr 13, 2014

I didn't do senior skip day. I was the only senior at school and my teachers were not well with me.

26. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 14, 2014

I'm sorry. I don't believe that either of these things actually happened. Especially the sharks. You don't just plug up a drain and fill an amphitheater with enough water to sustain sharks.

Nice stories. But they didn't really happen, did they?

You teach English, right? As in grammar, and spelling? Interesting.

27. cby1224

cby1224 Companion

Apr 14, 2014

I also have a hard time believing this simply because all amphitheaters I have seen are open vs enclosed. Hard to fill something with water and sustain marine life with no way to contain the water :dizzy:

28. mr_post22

mr_post22 Companion

Apr 14, 2014

I guess the way I described it was a little odd and hard to imagine. It is small and can hold about 30 people. It isn't HUGE and it is kind of more like a series of 7 round concrete steps. It is like the picture in the link, except the school's is smaller, there isn't any grass, and there aren't stairs.
    http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/seating-amphitheater-stage-6117684.jpg

29. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Apr 14, 2014

Pics or it didn't happen.

[​IMG]

30. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Apr 14, 2014

Mm hmm, and you somehow stretched a garden hose to this amphitheater, and let it run for...9 hours? And no one noticed...ok.

Then, you...dumped in some Morton's?

Or maybe you had saltwater trucked in?

Mm hmm.

31. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Apr 14, 2014

Not only did you question the man's integrity over his prank stories; you also questioned his teaching credentials. And you did it all in one post. :clap: :clap:

You're my hero for the night. :thumb: :lol:

32. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Apr 14, 2014

The bigger question is where did they get baby sharks?? That's not really one of those animals you keep around!?!?

Access to cows...yes.
    Access to sharks...not buying it!

33. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Apr 15, 2014

This is what I was thinking! And you can't just dump salt into water and expect the sharks to live. So if this prank did happen, that guy killed a bunch of baby sharks. Winner.

Maybe by "baby sharks" he meant dogfish. You can get those for dissections. Maybe he bought preserved dogfish and threw them in dead?

Also finding it hard to believe you could get a cow into an elevator. Let alone more than one cow, a "bunch" of cows. But I'm no farm girl, maybe cows like elevators? And maybe this elevator was industrial and built to hold many cows?

34. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Apr 15, 2014

Two years ago, one of our seniors put a bunch of those little neon fishes in all of the school's toilets. (We only have 200 kids, so between the girls' and the boys' restroom, that was about 20 toilets.) The science teacher was FURIOUS because she said the water was deadly to the fish. It was sad, but the kids, of course, thought it was hysterical.

35. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Apr 15, 2014

Hahaha I hope I never find out if cows like elevators :spitwater:
    Maybe there was a sign in the elevator that says, "weight limit:3 cows".

36. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 15, 2014

Maybe mr posts comments ARE his senior prank.:rolleyes:

37. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Apr 15, 2014

Our senior prank amounted to little more than vandalism. The students had a yard duty they didn't like who would chase them around in a golf-cart. For their prank they drove the cart into the pool.

I never really got much into school spirit, pranks, and I thought most of my classmates were idiots. I did not miss High School and was glad to be free of it.

38. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Apr 17, 2014

As outrageous as it sounds, I find mr_post22 pranks possible and maybe probable.
    Being a jokester and prankster myself I feel my friends and myself could have pulled off mr_post22's pranks......
    But we would have used a fire hose to fill the amphitheater "well," in my youth we would have had been able to get a fire hose. As for salt a few bags of water softener salt would have done the trick
    Cows in the elevator one at a time it could be done.
    When we were deciding about our "class list" prank we did brain storm and some of the types of pranks that would have gotten us in trouble were discussed and vetoed.

but who wants to kill sharks and stink up the school with cow manure

Another shop teacher and myself pranked another teacher the "victim" had a metal chair and for a little over a month we would get her chair and either cut a little bit off or weld a little bit back on the legs. we would just spray paint over our "work" the height was never the same for more that two days.

39. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Apr 17, 2014

It very well could be, it does have some good elements of a "good" prank, it is "fooling people," it gets people talking, and the "story" itself has not cause any vandalism. ;) :lol: