Sending out resumes after you've verbally accepted a position?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ST13, Aug 12, 2015.

1. ST13

ST13 Companion

Aug 20, 2015

So unfortunately I did not pass all the sections on the test.
    I am planning on retaking the test in September (this is the earliest I can retake it)

I emailed the AP and she was very supportive and said after I retake it and pass, if they still havn't found anyone for the position I could email her and continue the process.

Of course them not finding someone is not guaranteed so I am going to keep applying to other schools.

I got an email from another school in the district that I do not think would require me to pass the test (I don't think so atleast) .... Let's say optimistically I interview with them and get an offer, since it's the same district do you think it would be wrong for me to accept? The district itself has over 100 elementary schools....does it look bad?

2. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Aug 20, 2015

No, you need to not worry about looking bad. If one school doesn't care if you pass the test right now I'd say go for it. Although it's weird that the rule isn't normed throughout the district. At this point what do you have to lose by applying?

3. ST13

ST13 Companion

Aug 20, 2015

That's what I thought too but I don't want to burn any bridges within the school district since its so large so I figured I'd ask :)

The reason it's not every school is because it only applies to title I schools (which I didn't know when I was sending out resumes) ... The thing that kind of annoys me is that I had to find all of this out through HR after I accepted an offer. I feel like this should have been put out in the open before I even started interviewing. I actually interviewed with several title I schools and didn't know this was a policy.

Oh well, now I know.

4. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Aug 20, 2015

I see well good luck!