Send resume again?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by scienceteach82, Feb 25, 2010.

1. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Feb 25, 2010

I was unable to attend job fair b/c of bed rest...fun. I made bf go and get me a list of schools that were hiring. I sent my cover letter and resume via email to the schools. Of course, I have yet to hear anything...
    I didn't put that I was on bed rest in my cover letter, so that i why I was unable to attend the fair. Should I send another resume/cover letter via real mail explaining it?
    It's just so frustrating...ugh...I really wanted to go to the job fair :(

In other news...one of my former co-workers called today and asked about an event I ran by myself last year (the other teacher went on leave of absence for like 3 months for eating disorder...they let me go, not her...ugh!)...and said that SAME TEACHER was out for the SAME reason again!! I noticed they were hiring for my position again at that school...and her position (was posted on sheet from fair). :|

3. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Feb 25, 2010

I'm not sure what I would do.

4. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Feb 25, 2010

I think sending a paper copy in addition to the e-mails would be good, but I don't know if I'd mention anything about why you weren't at the job fair.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 25, 2010

I'd send in a paper copy of your resume/cover letter to each of those schools. I wouldn't mention why you weren't able to attend the job fair or being on bedrest. Would you reapply for your position at the old school?

6. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Feb 25, 2010

lol...no...P told me some people could teach, and I was not one of them...isn't that nice?

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 26, 2010

I don't think I would mention the bedrest.

But I might send a new cover letter and resume, reitertating how much you want to work there, and mentioning that you were, unfortunatley, unable to attend the job fair.

8. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Feb 26, 2010

I agree with Alice. I wouldn't mention the bedrest part but show your passion for working in these districts. Boo to your old P.