Send both a thank you note AND an email thank you note?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by sculteacher, Jul 21, 2007.

1. sculteacher

sculteacher Rookie

Jul 21, 2007

I put this inside another thread, but thought I might get more responses if I posted this question alone.
    I had my interviews Thursday and Friday (7/19, 7/20). Both said that they have to make their decisions quickly (one comment was "very fast!"). I sent out regular thankyou notes immediately after the interviews so that they would be in the mail. However, I wonder if I should send an email one as well. What do you think?

3. willsgirl

willsgirl Comrade

Jul 21, 2007

If it's that quick, I would send emails now. Actually, that's what I do first, time limit or not, then follow with a "hard copy."

4. sculteacher

sculteacher Rookie

Jul 21, 2007

Do you say the same thing in both the email and the card?

5. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jul 21, 2007

It depends on the interview. I have send a thank you e-mail immediately after getting home. This is usually brief. Then the next day I put a card in the mail. One interview I had I just send e-mails to all three people that interviewed me. I wrote a detailed thank you in that e-mail so I chose not to follow it up with a card or thank you letter because I thought it would be too redundant.

6. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Jul 22, 2007

I usually do both. I have been interviewed by administrators who were just in for the day since they were conducting interviews. So I send a thank you card to the school, but in the event they won't be there for another few days or so I'll send one to their email as well.

What I have been doing is going to my interviews (say I have 3 in one day) and once I am done stopping by the post office to get them out ASAP. I don't mind writing thank you cards so I just keep a stack in the car for frequent and quick use.