self guided multiplication facts practice

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by blue678, Aug 6, 2015.

1. blue678

blue678 Rookie

Aug 6, 2015

Hey everyone!
    I'm looking for an effective program/website/app for my 4th graders to use during Math centers to help them practice/learn/review their multiplication facts. I'd like it to be something where students can work at their own pace so those who are already know their facts can be challenged, those that don't can have an introduction, etc. We will have access to laptops during this time, so something online would be perfect. We used multiplication.com last year, and I just wondered if there was anything else out there; I've been looking, but not seeing anything just yet. Note: I'm willing to pay for a subscription, etc. if needed to get something effective!

Thank you!!

3. themilocat

themilocat Rookie

Aug 10, 2015

We use Xtramath.org for multiplication facts, which is basically just drill and practice. When you sign up, it automatically sets it to addition, subtraction, multiplication, then division, but you can change it to just multiplication. They also have advanced programs that require students to go faster and faster! Last year, we had several 5th graders master their multiplication and division facts at the 1.5 seconds (typing their answer in!) per fact level!

After our kids mastered the regular multiplication and division, we gave them a username and password for Sumdog.com, which has lots of types of math practice in game form. Our kids worked SOOOOOO hard to get access to Sumdog! But, we did us it only after they had mastered XtraMath, because they can just select random answers on Sumdog.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 10, 2015

Our middle school has a site license for IXL.

5. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Aug 10, 2015

I also really like Xtramath.com!