Secret Santa

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by stephanie90102, Dec 1, 2006.

1. stephanie90102

stephanie90102 Rookie

Dec 1, 2006

I am a LTS who was convinced to join my school's annual Secret Santa Gift Giving. My problem is I don't know what to get my person! He is a first year PE teacher. I was hoping I would get a female, because they are SO much easier to shop for! I'm also a little apprehensive about the staff Christmas party. I don't know if I should go or not. Is it out of place for me to go, just being a LTS? I am rather unsure as to what the regular teachers would think. Thanks for any feedback! Steph

Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  3. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Dec 1, 2006

Of course you should go! A school is made up of a variety of hard-working people, not just teachers. The more the merrier! As far as the gift, I would go for a gift certificate to a Best Buy type of store or Blockbuster.

4. cokelady

cokelady Rookie

Dec 2, 2006

I would go to a sports store and get a Gift Certificate or ask around to other teachers what they usually buy or receive as gifts. Maybe a sports baskets with little of everything, whistle, baseball hat. Do you have a $ limit? by the way what is LTS? Just cant figure that out.

5. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Dec 3, 2006

Umm Blockbuster's, or a gift certificate to Best Buy or Sports Authority would work for men :p

Just a note about women, ask around before you get them fragrances or smelly shower gels. Those often cause allergies :p

6. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Dec 3, 2006

What about a school t-shirt or sweatshirt? A basket of homemade goodies? Also, there are loads of trivia books about sports available and Monopoly games based on sports. Definitely go to the party!

LTS is long term sub.

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 3, 2006

What is the dollar amount? Gift certificates are always great - even for dinner or movies. Gift baskets are wonderful, too.

8. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Dec 4, 2006

Perhaps a sports themed calendar
    water bottle( nice refillable kind)
    sports theme orniments for the tree

I would say go to the staff party, I would think that its more of a social gathering than a religious matter.