Secret Pals

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by StickyNotes, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2007

Ah, well, I guess I'm too late. Let me know when Round 2 starts.

2. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Sep 6, 2007

Can I still join? I could use something fun this year...it's going to be long. :)

3. StickyNotes

StickyNotes Companion

Sep 10, 2007

Ok guys...as much as I don't want to write this...I feel it has come down to this. After searching high and low, in the garbage and recycling with gloves, I think it is safe to say I have misplaced the list of secret pals (responsible, right?!). It kind of goes along with how my year is going! So if you could PLEASE do me a favor and PM me who you SEND TO for secret pals I would be much appreciative. This list will be on the computer and on paper, I promise!

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Sep 10, 2007

I have a nice array of goodies, but I haven't sent it out yet because I still want to get a few more things.

5. kabd54

kabd54 Cohort

Sep 10, 2007

I sent my package and my secret pal got it!! I'm just waiting for mine. This has been a lot of fun. I'm starting to collect for the next little care package mail-out!

6. Amers

Amers Cohort

Sep 11, 2007

I hope my pal got my gift. Now, I'm getting ready to search for goodies for the next one!! Can someone remind me how often we send these? Is it one each month, Aug-Dec?

7. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Sep 11, 2007

I copied and pasted this from a message from our host: A secret pal exchange starting up in August/Sept. and going through December. Secret pals fill out a questionnaire with their fav. color, things they like/collect, etc. and that info is sent to the person's secret pal.

Participants are asked to cheer on their secret pal with e-cards, emails, and at least 2-3 us mail surprises (items around a dollar, sticky notes, etc.). We could even do a monthly theme with Sept.'s being back to school. In Dec. a theme could be a tree decoration (if they celebrate Christmas, maybe that could be on the questionnaire). Reveals could happen in December.

Our host posted this on the Secret Pal web site:In the fall I think of crockpot recipes and home baked bread (pumpkin bread in particular) recipes. Perhaps in October if you feel so inclined, send your secret pal your favorite recipes for them to try out! And when they are received, please do share them with us so we can all enjoy!

8. Amers

Amers Cohort

Sep 11, 2007

Thanks. I'm sure I could have found that myself, but I am being very lazy right now. ;)

9. teachertime

teachertime Companion

Sep 11, 2007

I wanted to say a big thank you to my secret pal. I received a package today in the mail and it came at a time when I least expected it and needed a little cheering up at the same time. The items in my package were thoughtfully considered and items I so desperately needed. Way to go Secret Pal!!!!!:up:

10. kabd54

kabd54 Cohort

Sep 14, 2007

My Secret Pal got her package. Glad that she liked it. Time to start on #2!!

11. sharon122

sharon122 Rookie

Sep 16, 2007

no package yet

Boo hoo! No package yet from my secret pal! She must be busy.

12. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Sep 16, 2007

I have not received a package from my secret pal either. Oh well...if she's anything like me she's busy, busy, busy.

13. sharon122

sharon122 Rookie

Oct 1, 2007

Got a wonderful package from my secret pal! THANKS!!!

14. tiggerteacher

tiggerteacher Companion

Oct 1, 2007

i did not get anything yet either

15. katenar

katenar Cohort

Oct 2, 2007

Thank you Secret Pal for my pens and notepad. I love it!!!

16. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Oct 3, 2007

Woo hoo! I heard from my secret pal yesterday! I got some cute goodies - stickers, note pad, sticky notes and pencils. Thank you!!:up:

I am having fun working on putting together a "fall" package for my secret pal.

17. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Oct 3, 2007

It sounds like everyone is getting some great stuff from their pals. I am having a blast putting together my next package. Get ready pal...it's comin'! ;) I still haven't heard from mine...busy, busy, busy.

18. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Oct 3, 2007

I must cast a bad spell on my secret pals. The first one dropped out and I haven't received a note, e card, package or anything from the second one either.

To my secret pal I sent one package earlier and I have a second one about ready to mail.

I must pick a recipe to share.

19. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Oct 3, 2007

Could we refresh on what each month is? I am starting to gather things, but am not quite clear on what each month is. I am SOOOO excited to hear from my pal. I hope it's soon, I'm not very patient. Thanks!

20. tiggerteacher

tiggerteacher Companion

Oct 3, 2007

I am getting ready to send my sp a pacakge out soon. I also see that are are some of us who still did recieve anything from a pal. Is there any way we can get the people to pair up with new pals?

21. StickyNotes

StickyNotes Companion

Oct 4, 2007

I probably should have collected emails from every single person so I could send out reminders to everyone and monthly news. Sorry about that. This is kind of a trial run and we are seeing what works and what doesn't.

If you haven't heard from your pal ever you can always PM me and I will check in with them to see if they are still interested or what the deal is. Sometimes this sounds like a good idea at first and then things become too hectic (I know this firsthand).

22. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Oct 4, 2007

I feel so bad for those who have not recieved anything yet. I almost didn't participate in this swap at all because I was afraid of that. You guys are all just as busy as the next. It shouldn't matter. Since I am an at home teacher I guess I have more time and I am willing to help in any way possible for the next round.

I have not heard from my secret pal since august. But I have faith I will again.

I know that October was to be "share a recipe" month, but I'm sure its not limited to that, just a suggestion. ---- every one sure is welcome to post suggestions on the "secret pal" site!!! but not very many people are participating there.

I am sure Papayamist is doing everything she can to weed out the ones that aren't participating. Come on gals, this is supposed to be a thing to lift each other's spirits and I see the oposite happening for some.

23. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Oct 4, 2007

Secret Pal- I LOVE YOU:D

My surprises came today and I was thrilled. Thank you Thank you.

24. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Oct 4, 2007

I got a great box of goodies from my secret pal last month. I sent off to my other secret pal :)D) but from what I'm seeing it never made it. :( I've shipped off another box, maybe this one will get there (either that or someone along the way will be enjoying some halloween goodies!)

25. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Oct 5, 2007

I know that I was so thrilled to get the goodies from my secret pal (thanks again for all of the goodies--my daughter keeps trying to steal my pens, and the Tylenol has already made it to school), and I'm having so much fun putting together another package to put in the mail tomorrow.

I hope that everyone who hasn't yet contacted their Secret Pal will do so, or let Papayamist know so that the "waiting Pal" can be matched up with another "waiting Pal"

26. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Oct 5, 2007

MrsC: my kids are always steeling my pens too. Then I try to go steal my husbands!

27. kabd54

kabd54 Cohort

Oct 5, 2007

My SP is hilarious. I got a great card from her today, and even the card wants to keep the secret!! The verse states that it won't tell who sent me the card!! Too funny. :toofunny:

Thanks, SP - hope your weekend is fabulous, just fabulous!! :2up:

28. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Oct 6, 2007

MY secret pal has been awesome... great new stuff practically every time I turn around. :)

I sent off a package a few days ago... hopefully it gets to where it needs to be! :)

29. StickyNotes

StickyNotes Companion

Oct 8, 2007

I have someone who would like to drop out of secret pals, so please let me know if you are reading this as a new person and would like to join us!

Or if you are someone else already participating and realize it is too much for you please let me know so I can re-match.

Thanks

30. sdj284

sdj284 Rookie

Oct 8, 2007

Thanks secret pal. I love the cookie cutters and it was nice to hear from you. I plan to do some halloween things but the focus is on leaves,pumpkins and fall. I love Hot chocolate and I love hazelnut coffee! Thanks for thinking of me. It was nice to have mail for me:)

31. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Oct 10, 2007

I still haven't heard from my pal...waiting patiently. I have another package ready for shipment soon. Be watching for it, pal!

32. KLily21

KLily21 Companion

Oct 12, 2007

I just got my package today! I love the cotton scented lotions and sprays! Smithers loved his treat, too! Thank you so much Secret Pal!!!

33. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Oct 12, 2007

I just got my third package from my pal. lots of things to keep my healthy!!!
    Thanks pal! You rock!

34. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Oct 12, 2007

A tiny Halloween package should be arriving any day. . . .

35. tiggerteacher

tiggerteacher Companion

Oct 12, 2007

I am getting my 2nd one ready for my SP but I still have hot heard a thing whoever has me.

36. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Oct 12, 2007

Me either, tiggerteacher. :unsure:

37. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Oct 13, 2007

I got a package!! Yay SP, the notepads are awesome. I love writing notes and having fun paper. Also, big yay on the tide stick. I spilled coffee on myself right after putting it away. I took it back out and it worked like a charm. Thanks!!:2up:

38. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Oct 14, 2007

My secret pal emailed me a few weeks ago telling me she mailed a package.....I think it got lost :(

39. MNTeacher

MNTeacher Rookie

Oct 15, 2007

Are we supposed to send a recipe with our package this month? I thought I just read a post somewhere?

40. StickyNotes

StickyNotes Companion

Oct 15, 2007

It is just a suggestion and does not have to be done.