Secret Pal Check-in!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by StickyNotes, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Dec 15, 2007

Thanks Papayamist!
    You sent the best packages.
    I just finished decorating my tree and the duck is front and center!
    My kiddos also loved growing the duck in water:)

My pal was 2bcharged.
    The last package will be sent out on Monday. I got the box last night!

2. Amers

Amers Cohort

Dec 15, 2007

I was ChristyF's secret pal. Christy, I am sending out your last package on Monday, so hopefully you will get it soon! I wish I could have sent more!

3. KLily21

KLily21 Companion

Dec 15, 2007

I am one of those people that is running behind! But I don't mind if you post the list because I'm going to reveal myself now, anyway.

First I want to thank Dzenna for being such a great secret pal to me!! I just received your package today and I love it! All of your packages were so thoughtful! Thank you for the Christmas decorations and the Buddhas. I love the magnetic dog picture frame. I'm going to put a picture of my two dogs in it and hang it on my file cabinet at school. And the spider dog toy you sent at Halloween is by far Maggie and Smithers' favorite toy.

I sent to dizzykates. I hope you liked your first three package! I am going to be mailing out the fourth and final package on Monday. I'm sorry I'm a bit behind with the holidays looming near...:blush:

I want to also thank Papayamist for organizing the Secret Pal gift exchange. I had a lot of fun doing it and all of your effort in organizing it are appreciated!!

4. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Dec 15, 2007

Thank you, so much!! I really enjoyed the gifts and the pick-me-up from them was even better. :hugs:

I sent to MrsC, although I figure she knew since I had to do customs forms on the boxes and my name and the items in the boxes were listed on the form! :rolleyes: MrsC your last box is winging it's way towards you now, I hope you have enjoyed the tidbits I've sent. :)

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 15, 2007

Yes, I did know, Christy--I tried so hard not to look at the forms, but I'm just a little kid who needs to "snoop" sometimes!:blush: Thanks so much for the wonderful goodies; your parcels brought a smile to my face! (I'm so sorry about your postage costs--if I had thought of this beforehand I wouldn't have participated. :sorry:)

I sent to lyquidphyre--she hasn't been on here much, so I'm not sure she'll see this. Her last package is heading out Monday, so I'll reveal in there as well.

Thanks again to all who participated--it's been great fun keeping up with all the Secret Pals.

6. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Dec 15, 2007

Thank you so very much, teachertime! You were a great SP!

I've had two official secret pals; one had to drop out and then I got another.

I enjoyed sending things to Txteach2B until she had to quit. Then, I enjoyed sending things to ponton670. (I hope you liked the Christmas stockings; I only make those for special people!)

I was also a "substitute secret pal" for someone whose actual SP turned out to be a dud, but I'm not sure that package has had time to get to her yet so I'll wait before coming clean with her.

Many thanks to Papayamist for organizing and running the whole thing.

7. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Dec 15, 2007

LOL Peeking is not a bad thing at all! :D

I'm so glad you took part, the post office is to blame for the costs, not you!

8. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 15, 2007

I have no clue who my pal was :( but they were very thoughtful

9. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Dec 15, 2007

I was your pal Ms. Frizzle :) I was so happy that I got to be your pal. You give the best advice and are always cheerful! I am glad you enjoyed your treats. I have one more coming your way in time for Christmas.

KLily, I thought it might be you, your first package had a return address and it gave me a small hint, but not enough to be sure...Thanks for everything!

Papayamist, this was fun, thank you so much for taking the time :) It made the fall fly by and now my wedding is in three weeks, so thanks for the slight distraction throughout the planning!!:thanks:

10. KLily21

KLily21 Companion

Dec 16, 2007

11. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Dec 16, 2007

I think most of us probably either did it or almost did. I'm lucky, the place I mailed from is somewhere I use to work, they always just use their own address as the return address. If they need to, they go back in their own records to find the person who mailed it. So all MissFrizzle got was that I'm in MN, which I'm not actually sure is on my tag by my name here. :)

12. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Dec 16, 2007

Oh, I guess it is...;)

13. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Dec 16, 2007

clarnet73......... I had fun being your Secret pal. I had a hard time keeping the secret that you lived in my birth place. Reading your replys in the graditude journal was as fun as sending the packages. I even tried to throw you off by having my mom and aunt send you some post cards out from WA.

BY THE WAY: for those of you who ever do this kind of thing again, just put your secret pal's name and adress in the return adress spot....... that way it gets to them no matter what and you don't use your address.

Thank you papaymist for your efforts in doing this. I hope I didn't drive you crazy with all my imputs.

I recieved one very nice package from my pal, and I want to say thank you very much. I realize you probably were very busy.

14. Amers

Amers Cohort

Dec 16, 2007

I have no idea who my secret pal is. I remember the first package was stamped from NC, but I haven't figured out who it could be. I had to put return address on mine, but there are a few of us from Missouri/midwest, so I figured it would be alright.

15. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Dec 16, 2007

I didn't get a package from my original secret pal but would like to know who it is.

I received a private message from hescollin and we decided to be email secret pals. She sent me a TON of files of things she has collected over the years. She wanted to give me new ideas for my second graders for next year. What a great pal!! :2up: I am proud to have her as my pal even if we had to hook up ourselves. Thanks a bunch, hescollin!! :) :love:

16. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Dec 16, 2007

lemon or lemon ade.

Sometimes we just take a lemon and make lemon ade. I thought maybe some new ideas and activities would bring warm fuzzies and a smile to teachingmomof4 and thought it would be fun to be a last minute secret pal. She loops with 1st to 2nd grade. I think it would be hard to come up with new ideas and expensive.

I thought maybe my first secret pal was beezsus.

17. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Dec 16, 2007

I sent to KLily. I enjoyed shopping. I would look for little things when I was shopping for family. The hard part for me is getting the package to the post office. I was happy when KLily got her last package on before the 15th. I don't know who had me. I received a nice package in September, and nothing since. I think I would participate again.

18. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 16, 2007

Are you going to post the list, Papayamist? I want to know who I was sending to.

I was honored to have Missy sending me charming, adorable gifts. Thank you sooooo much.

19. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Dec 16, 2007

I would really like to reveal my secret pal throough my last package, but I didn't get it sent out in time. I have a big package of stuff I have been buying and collecting since early November but haven't had the chance to mail (money wise and time wise) but it goes out on Monday and will have this months stuff in it too. So hopefully knowing a big package is coming her way soon will get my secret pal to forgive me. I did think of you all the time, honest, just well, sorry.:blush::eek:

I was ABall's secret pal.

I don't know who had me, I got one package early one and a e-card (which I liked very much, thanks for the candle, it is sitting next to me right now)....so who had me?

20. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 16, 2007

Thank you DizzyKates! You were a great SP....

I was sending to kinderteach03- and one more on the way.

21. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Dec 16, 2007

Your address didn't give you away at all. I didn't try to look on here to see who all had Missouri on their tag because I liked the secret! :D Even as a kid I never dug in the closet to find my presents, I love being surprised. You have beautiful penmanship by the way! It always makes me jealous when I see people with such nice handwriting! :D

22. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 16, 2007

And I was the kid who knew every present before Christmas morning--I was a shameless snoop!:blush:

23. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Dec 16, 2007

LOL That was my sister. She got both of us into so much trouble one year because she opened the end of all of the packages. Then she wouldn't tell Mama and Daddy that it was her. Heiffer! :D

24. StickyNotes

StickyNotes Companion

Dec 16, 2007

Ok I am going to post the list... if you don't want to know don't scroll down
    The list goes as follows... the persons name with a - to say "sends to." So "Papayamist-MissJ" means Papayamist sends to Miss_J
    1. teachingmomof4-missy
    2. devama-msb0803
    3. southernteach-teachingmomof4
    4. cheer-missag
    5. msb0803-cassie753
    6. cassie753-cheer
    7. peachieteachie-southernteach
    8. upsadaisy-devama
    9. missy- upsadaisy
    10. ottermom-peachieteachie
    11. missag-ottermom
    12. wldywall-Aball
    13. katenar- missamy
    14. lyquidphyre-wldywall
    15. missamy-beezus
    16. daysy_may-katenar
    17. beezus-tiggerteacher
    18. schyler-daysy_may
    19. tiggerteacher- uclalum
    20. 2bcharged-schyler
    21. uclalum-mnteacher
    22. mrsc-lyquidphyre
    23. papayamist-miss_j
    24. loves2teach-hescollin
    25. hescollin- papayamist
    26. mamacita- ponton670
    27. miss_j-2bcharged
    28. bandnerdtx-teachertime
    29. aball-clarnet73
    30. christyf-mrsc
    31. clarnet73-sdj284
    32. amers- christyf
    33. sdj284-amers
    34. missfrizzle- kinderteach3
    35. teachertime-mamacita
    36. kinderteach3-bandnerdtx
    37. ponton67- ponypal
    38. silverspoon65-elizak83
    39. sharon122-kabd54
    40. kabd54-silverspoon65
    41. elizak83-sharon122
    42. dizzykates- missfrizzle
    43. ponypal- teacherfourth
    44. teacherfourth-dzenna
    45. klily21-dizzykates
    46. dzenna-klily21
    47. mnteacher-loves2teach

25. tiggerteacher

tiggerteacher Companion

Dec 16, 2007

Uclalum did you get my other packages? I never heard anything.

I also never recieved anything either. I would try do this again!

26. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Dec 16, 2007

I've posted on here several times that I have only received one package back in early September.:(
    Was there others?
    I loved my September goodies!:D

27. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Dec 16, 2007

Tigger, I'm sorry you never received anything. How unfortunate. If we do this again, I hope you get "spoiled" next time.:D

28. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Dec 17, 2007

I just hope that if this happens again, people step to the plate.

29. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Dec 17, 2007

I forgive you. :hugs: I'll be looking forward to getting your package and to know a little about you. Thank you for thinking about me.

30. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Dec 17, 2007

mamacita are you my sub secret pal? `You stated in a post that you had a sub secret pal.

Oh dear, oh my. sub secret pal you made my day. How surprised I was to get a box full of goodies. Thank you.

31. StickyNotes

StickyNotes Companion

Dec 17, 2007

Well perhaps we can do a Spring edition of Secret Pals with select few people who are interested/made good pals last round. We can use Elfster.com too. A Spring edition might be fun to get us through state testing! Ugh! Would anyone be interested?

32. Mamacita

Mamacita Aficionado

Dec 17, 2007

Hescollin, yes, that was me. You're goooood! And, you're welcome. I just couldn't stand it that anyone was being ignored and mistreated!

33. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Dec 17, 2007

I think I may do it again.... I enjoyed it.

34. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Dec 17, 2007

I am so thrilled with everything that mamacita sent to me. (hand sanitizer with moisturizers and Aloe Vera, an assortment of clips and push pins, Christmas zipper bags, a travel sewing kit (perfect because I love to sew and make quilts) and I simply adore the Uncle Sam lapel pin. Thank you.

You made three people happy. Your two secret pals and your sub secret pal. Wow! You're one terrific person.

Good Luck on your creative writing challenge contest. Hope your a winner. I haven't made no bake chocolate cookies in along time. They are so good. Thanks to your idea, I plan to make some this next week for Christmas.

35. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Dec 17, 2007

I would love to do this in the spring!

36. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Dec 17, 2007

I think doing it in the spring is a great idea!

37. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Dec 17, 2007

I'd love to! I had so much fun!!!

38. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Dec 17, 2007

Count me in!!

39. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 17, 2007

It would be really fun to do it in the spring :)

40. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Dec 17, 2007

I'm in :) I loved it!