Second Job Interview for Pre-K

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by brejohnson88, Jul 8, 2010.

1. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Jul 8, 2010

Hello all!

About 3 weeks ago I have a job interview in central IL. It was my first interview so of course I was nervous. I feel like it went okay, i know I was nervous and could have answered questions better if I thought them through. The interview was just with the principal. The town is small (only 1500). The principal said the school district wanted to make a decision rather quickly so I would know in a few days about their decision. 3 weeks went by and I heard nothing. I knew it was my first interview and I thought that I did well for my first but I wished they called me letting me know of their decision either way. Today they called and told me they havnt made a decision yet but wanted to call back people for a second interview. They said that I did a wonderful job last time (shocked!) and that they would like to get to know me better. It is now down to me and someone else. I am excited especially since jobs are so hard to come by (especially for us with no teaching experience) does anyone have any advice for the second interview. I should have asked who will be present for the interview, but its a small school so im thinking maybe a few teachers or maybe just the prinicpal again? Anything will help. Thank you!

3. carlo678

carlo678 New Member

Jul 9, 2010

Response to 2nd interview

Congrats on your 2nd interview! Being a third year teacher, and having went through a 3rd teaching interview before,I will offer some advice. 1) Be yourself and offer sincere answers 2) make sure that you know your expectations of your potential students and have some great classroom management techniques 3) Don't over analyze questions being asked, just answer brief and don't ramble on 4) Show your excitement for this potential position 5) Tell what abilities you can offer for the school 6) Lastly, ask questions. Administrators like when you're interested in their school and have some background on the demographics. Again, good luck and be confident. Obviously, you are one of the top choices, so that's why you're being asked back.

4. dogs&teaching

dogs&teaching Comrade

Jul 9, 2010

Congratulations!
    Carlo gave some great advice.

5. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 9, 2010

Congrats on getting the 2nd interview!!! Carlo gave some excellent advice! I'd do some more research on the school to know and be able to share how you'll fit in with the school's environment. Also, be able to give examples to go with your answers...either explain something from experience or describe what it would look like in your new classroom.

Sometimes the questions are similar in round 2, so think about your answers to those questions as well :)

Good luck!!

6. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 9, 2010

Good advice has been given to you, so I will just wish you the best.

7. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Jul 12, 2010

thanks guys! I feel like it went really well. She seemed very interested. They have to recommend someone for the position tonight at the board meeting so I will find out this afternoon on their decision. keep your fingers crossed for me!

8. newbeeteacher

newbeeteacher Rookie

Jul 12, 2010

Fingers and paws crossed for you! Keep us updated!

9. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Jul 12, 2010

Got my fingers crossed for you, but if it doesn't work out let me know. Just found out today the other preschool teacher postion at my school is open. The Preschool teacher has quit. You would be working with me but at another building and in a different town, but not too far from where you will be living. Let me know as soon as you know and I will PM you the information.

10. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Jul 12, 2010

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Mommyserenity

Mommyserenity Devotee

Jul 12, 2010

YEA!!!!!! :thumb:

12. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 12, 2010

Yay!!:celebrate:

13. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 13, 2010

yay!!! :)