Second Interview?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by AllyK-5, Jun 16, 2017.

1. AllyK-5

AllyK-5 New Member

Jun 16, 2017

I interviewed for a 1st grade position a few days ago in my first choice school/district (I currently work at a great school, but have always wanted to get into this particular district). Today, the P called and said they had it narrowed down to me and one other person, and that she'd like to have me back for a second interview.

What can I expect to be asked? My first round interview was NOT a screener. I met with a panel of the P, one of the other first grade teachers, the literacy coach, and the math coach. They asked some pretty in depth questions so I'm not really sure what I should be preparing for now, and it's making me nervous! Does anyone have any ideas, or any experience with a situation like this? Thanks in advance!

3. justwanttoteach

justwanttoteach Cohort

Jun 17, 2017

I would take sample lesson plans
    Be ready to talk about how you teach reading and communicate with parents
    How do you collaborate
    Possibly even a Demo lesson

In my experience, the second interview wasnt all that different than the first panel interview. If you know whaat school site the position is at-research school culture and read up on their website

teacherintexas likes this.
  4. phillyteacher

phillyteacher Comrade

Jun 17, 2017

I would definitely bring a portfolio or just unbound examples of student work, data analysis, documentation - anything that sets you apart.