Second Interview with Superintendent?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Ayo123, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Ayo123

Ayo123 Rookie

Jul 15, 2017

Hello!
    I am a first year teacher looking for a job for the fall. Yesterday I had an hour long interview with the principal (I believe the 7 other candidates met with him and a committee of teachers, but my interview was pushed back due to my work schedule). There were 15 questions, all with several follow up questions. The interview was great (the principal said so himself!), and he ended up calling me back a few hours later asking me to come in for a second interview with the superintendent. He told me during the interview that there would be a second round of interviews with the superintendent and then they would be looking to hire someone from there.

My question is, how many people do you think will be meeting with the superintendent? He offered me two time slots to choose from, so I am assuming I am not the only one. Also, what sort of questions can I expect during this interview? The original interview went over the basics - my philosophies and beliefs, and what my classroom would look like in several different situations.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

3. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 15, 2017

Our superintendent only speaks briefly with the candidate HR and the principal want to hire, and sometimes he doesn't even do that.

Good luck!

czacza likes this.
  4. heatherberm

heatherberm Cohort

Jul 15, 2017

The one time I've interviewed with a superintendent, I was 1 of 2 finalists. Whatever the case, I can't imagine the superintendent taking the time to interview too many people. So go in prepared for an interview just in case you're not the only person he's meeting but be confident! This is definitely a good sign!